Chapter 19 - The relapse

Chapter 18 - Walking outside Tom was trying to keep his sobs in control. Tears blurring his vision, Tom wasn't even looking where he was going when suddenly a car was coming onto him. Tom didn't even have the time to move out of the way when the car hit him with full force.

"Kelsey" Tom mumbled as he lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~

Lying on the road, Tom mumbled Kelsey's name as he lost consciousness but before passing out he was vaguely aware of a familiar hand resting on his forearms. Kelsey!

It hadn't been easy for Kelsey to call of his relationship with Tom. Getting out of the house, she had been walking for some time, gathering her thoughts when she saw Tom walking away too. Turning around to call for Tom, she was horrified to see a car come with full force on Tom. She had run to Tom but unfortunately couldn't stop the accident from happening. It broke her heart to hear Tom mumble her name even in a state of half consciousness.

After Kelsey had gotten Tom to the hospital, she informed the boys about Tom's accident. The boys were still trying to console a crying Nathan when the phone rang. Max gasped as he heard the news then turning to Nathan, in a bitter voice, Max said, "thank you Nathan. Look where you got your brother to. In the hospital." "What?" Jay gasped. "He had an accident" Max added. "Come on, let's go" Jay said, pulling a glaring Max away from Nathan as Siva followed them. Nathan seemed shocked at the news as he was not even aware of the boys leaving him alone and going to the hospital.

They reached the hospital quickly and spotted Kelsey sitting in the waiting area. "Kels, how's he?" Jay asked. "Bad" Kelsey could only say as the doctor came out. "Doc, how's Tom?" Siva asked. "It's a bad hit boys. He's in coma and we can't really say anything for now" the doc said. Sighing the boys sat down as Kelsey watched the Intensive Care Unit. "It all happened because of Nathan. If only he wasn't so selfish and could actually think about his brother for a while then nothing would have happened to Tom" Max said. "Max" Kelsey gently scolded the boy. "He's right. It's all because of Nathan" Jay agreed. "Boys, where's Nathan?" Kelsey asked, noticing how the boy was nowhere in sight. "We left him at home itself." Siva said. "Did you just leave a little boy by himself when he's just gotten the news of his brother being in an accident?" Kelsey gasped. Looking at the guilty faces, Kelsey had her answer.

At home, Nathan was sat in shock for a while before he snapped out of his thoughts and ran out of house. Standing in front of Alexis's house, Nathan knocked twice, waiting for the boy to open. "Nath, what's wrong, bud?" Alexis asked as he opened the door. Instead of answer, Alexis got himself with an armful of a sobbing Nathan. "Tom... Hurt... Accident... My fault... Hospital..." Nathan sobbed in Alexis's arms. Turning back, Alexis caught the look of his parents in the living room and throwing a quick 'I'll be back' Alexis took Nathan out. "Nath, stop crying buddy. Tom got into an accident, yeah? So you should be at the hospital. Why are you out here?" Alexis asked. "Everybody hates me. It's my fault" Nathan said as he tried to get a control on his tears. Sighing, Alexis pulled Nathan in a hug again. "Come on, we should got to see Tom. And I'll see who stops you from seeing your brother" Alexis promised.

When they reached the hospital, Nathan spotted the boys sitting in the waiting room along with Kelsey. He noticed the cold glare from Max and quickly reattached himself with Alexis who glared back at Max. "How's Tom?" Alexis asked. "In coma" Siva replied. "Shit" Alexis cursed as Nathan let out a little hiccup trying not to choke on his little sobs as he watched his brother from the glass window. "And all this is whose fault?" Max mumbled but they all heard it. Nathan, this time ran out of where they were, his feet leading him to the canteen. Alexis was about to run after him when Kelsey stopped him and instead going after Nathan herself.

Nathan sat on the table to the window as he tried not to attract any attention to himself. "Oh baby" Kelsey sighed sitting next to Nathan. "Hey, it's okay baby. Tom will be fine" Kelsey assured Nathan. "My fault" Nathan sobbed, clinging on to Kelsey. "No baby, it's not your fault. Your brother was upset at that time and he didn't watch where he was walking. It's not your fault. The boys are just too angry right now. You know, Tom is their big brother too. They're just scared like you too." Kelsey explained to Nathan as he kept hugging the boy. "Scared" Nathan admitted. "I know baby. I am too. But I know Tom will be fine. You just don't worry." Kelsey assured Nathan as he took the boy upstairs again.

The boys kept their cold attitude with Nathan as they all waited for Tom to wake up again. Nathan clung to Kelsey as soon as Alexis returned home. Nathan had already forgotten that he was the one who wanted Kelsey to go away as he clung to Kelsey, taking up the little comfort he was getting. They watched as the doctor checked on Tom again and Nathan literally felt his heart stop when the doctor said, "chances of him waking up are less." Excusing himself to go to the bathroom, Nathan sat down on the floor, removing the blade he had in his pocket as he made two cuts on each arm. Each cut reminding him of being the reason why his brother was literally dying.

It was a long time since Nathan last self harmed. He had promised Tom that he wouldn't do it again. But now that Tom himself wasn't going to be there, what was life for him?

A/N

Dedicated to Nazzayah, RoxaneLebolesch, bossempire2468, panwar1205, nathaholic_tw, DarkBlooms, ayame-hinata, fluffy__unicorn, Ashleyy_hemmings, and Mel_Amelia!

Thank you to those reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment.

P.S – Your thoughts on this chapter?

xx Hailey