Chapter 15 - New best friend

Chapter 14 - With Alexis as his newly found friend, Nathan found that this school wasn’t so bad. Well, except for Mitch, Lars and Sven! True to his promise, Tom was waiting for Nathan outside the school. “Hey buddy, how was school?” Tom asked as they got in the car. “Nice. I made a friend too” Nathan said, ‘an enemies too’ Nathan thought. “Great” Tom cheered.

That night, snuggling in Tom as the boys watched a movie, Nathan found himself smiling along the boys. This time the smile wasn’t forced. It was a new life, a new school, new friends! It was a new start. Maybe now things would be good?

~~~~~~~~

Slowly and steadily, Nathan’s life was getting back on track. He and Tom formed the perfect family along with the boys and the girls. His school life was also not that bad. He had made a new friend, Alexis, well his only friend for now and three enemies too, Mitch, Lars and Sven. But life was okay for now. His stab wound was healing good and yeah, no more itches to cut himself either. So yeah, he could say life was being nice to him.

“Nath, get up. It’s nearly time for school.” Tom shouted from the kitchen. Sighing, Nathan got through his routine and after a shower he was down for breakfast. “Ready for school, kiddo?” Siva asked and gave Nathan’s hair a ruffle. “Hmm… Hair” Nathan pouted making the boys laugh. “Did Nathan get a little girlfriend at school?” Max asked and tickled Nathan’s sides. “No” Nathan giggled scooting away from Max and leaning on Jay for Jay to save him but instead Jay started tickling him also. “Isn’t that a lovely sound just before school?” Jay asked smiling at Nathan.

Nathan had decided not to tell his brother or the boys about Mitch, Lars and Sven bothering him at school. Besides he had Alexis to save him from them, so there was no need to bother his brothers. Yup, brothers! That’s how Nathan started calling the boys. Staying with them for a certain time now, Nathan had started taking Max, Siva and Jay also as elder brothers. It felt great to have 3 more brothers now. He who had parents that didn’t even bother about him now not only has a big brother but 3 more big brothers now.

“Bye Nath! Be good!” Tom said and waved to Nathan as the boy got down the car. Blushing at how the boys were sending him flying kisses, Nathan quickly ran inside the school towards Alexis who was waiting for him. He was about to greet Alexis when suddenly someone collided with him and Nathan fell down. “Hey, watch where you are going kid” Mitch snickered. “Maybe you should watch your own way” Alexis said and helped Nathan up. “Alexis, why stand up for the new kid, huh? You got any feelings for him?” Mitch asked laughing slightly. “No but maybe because he’s a good friend and at least he’s a nicer person that you” Alexis said and led a blushing Nathan away from the boys.  “You okay?” Alexis asked Nathan. “Yeah, I’m sorry. You had to listen to all that” Nathan said. “Hey, it’s okay. You’re a good friend, right?” Alexis said and led Nathan to classes.

Alexis had actually become quite a good friend of Nathan. He managed to get Nathan out of his shy shell even made Nathan make new friends also. Alexis had introduced Nathan to his group, Alexis’s best friend Declan who was also the football team’s vice captain along with Alexis who was the captain, then there was Joey, the group’s little joker and the only girl in the group was their cheerleader friend Peyton. Along with Alexis, Nathan had been able to get Declan, Joey and Peyton also as friends and on his own, Nathan was sure he wouldn’t have been able to make friends that easily.

Over the few weeks, Nathan had become very good friends with Alexis and because of Alexis, Mitch had somewhat backed away from Nathan until the day came when Nathan was faced alone with Mitch. Nathan had been sitting with Declan, Joey and Peyton when suddenly Mitch, Lars and Sven trudged in and dragged Nathan to the bathroom. Declan and Joey had tried their best to help Nathan but Lars and Sven kept them away. “What’s wrong Nath, no Alexis to save you today” Mitch asked laughing. Nathan had suffered through kicks when Mitch pulled him up to punch him. But the punch never came when Nathan opened his eyes; he found Alexis holding Mitch back. “Why are you helping him?” Mitch asked but Alexis kept on punching him until Declan and Joey pulled him off Mitch.

“Nath, you okay?” Alexis asked. “Yeah, m’fine Alex. But how did you know that Mitch was attacking me” Nathan smiled despite his split lip and had Alexis smiling also at the nickname Nathan gave him. “Peyton called me. Come on, we’ll drop you home” Alexis said and helped Nathan up. When they reached The Wanted’s house, Tom had been shocked to see Nathan with a split lip. “What happened to you? What did you to my brother?” Tom asked as he pinned Alexis to the wall. “Tom, no, he didn’t do anything. It was Mitch and Sven and Lars. Alexis helped me. He’s my best friend, Tom” Nathan said pulling Tom off Alexis. “Who are those Mitch, Lars and Sven?” Max asked. “Bullies but Alexis saves me from them” Nathan said. “Thanks Alexis. Sorry for…” Tom trailed off and shook Alexis’s hand. “Nathan’s a good friend. Anything for him” Alexis said. “Guys, thank you very much” Siva said being grateful to Alexis, Declan, Joey and Peyton. “Come on kiddo; let’s go check those injuries, huh?” Jay said and led Nathan upstairs. “We’ll take your leave, Sir. See you Nath” Alexis said before going.

That evening sitting in the living room, Nathan found himself being teased mercilessly by the boys. “So, Nath has a best friend? And that girl in the group? Does Nathan have a little crush on that cutie pie” Jay teased Nathan. “No, in fact I think Declan likes Peyton” Nathan smiled. “Ooh” Max teased Nathan and earned a few giggles from the boy as he tickled him. “I’m glad you’ve some friends Nath. Actually, I’m happy that things are getting better now because since a long time I’ve been meaning to go forward in life and I wanted our life to get a little stable before I could do this” Tom said. “What do you mean Tom?” Siva asked. “I’m getting engaged to Kelsey” Tom said.

For a while there was a complete silence but then Max congratulated Tom and then Siva and Jay each gave Tom a hug. “Thank you boys” Tom said. “Nath, won’t you congratulate your brother” Jay asked. Nathan shook his head and bit his already torn lip as a few tears went down his cheeks. “What’s wrong baby?” Tom asked. Nathan just kept shaking his head before running to his room. “What’s wrong with him?” Max asked.

Up in his room, Nathan locked the bathroom door and sat down, crying silently. He ignored the knocks on his door. He ignored his brother’s voice. There was only one thing on his mind right now.

Tom was no different than their parents. Just like they forgot Nathan while being happy in their own world, Tom also would forget him. Soon, he’ll get married to Kelsey and nothing else would matter to Tom anymore. His world would be only him and Kelsey. Nathan wouldn’t matter anymore to his brother.

A/N

Dedicated to @Nazzayah, @Panwar1205, @nathaholic_tw, @guzman368, @Bonnie12345678, @Messybedhead, @unfinished4now99, @Mel_Amelia, @BintHussain and @kfeldra!

Thank you those Reading.

Please Read/ Vote/ Comment!

P.S – What do you guys think of Alexis and Nathan’s friendship? And what about this new trouble? Does Nathan not like Kelsey or is he just scared that Tom will forget him? Let me know your views.

xx Hailey