Epilogue IV - All Grown Up

Start from the beginning

Feeling her eyes narrow on him, Zaryn shook out of his daze and looked up at his mate with raised brows. "huh? What?"

Nova sighed, exasperated. "Your son just asked if it was okay if he didn't have a mate.. "

This made Zaryn raise a questionalbe brow.

Out of the trees, Ace came over to them. He had been listening all the while and with his expression in those dissapproving green eyes, Nova could tell that he was about to scold his brother. He loved to do that. Well, maybe not actually loved... but he felt like it was his job to teach Drac, even though they were only minutes apart.

"Drac, You know nothing about mates." Ace shook his head sadly at his brother from near the forrest edge beside them as the festivites went on in the background.

"Welp. That's my cue." Zaryn grinned, rubbing Nova's back as he walked off toward the party. Nova huffed, peering across the many wolves that were laughing and having a good time, seeing that her brother, Nic had arrived with Grace and the pups in tow.

Running a hand through her hair as she stood straigh, Nova peered between her boys who were now scowling at each other. "Boys.. Behave. Ace.. don't try to make your brother angry." She shook her head, pleading with her stubborn twin. "And Drac.. Yes you have to have a mate. If you find her... you better mark her. No buts about it. And stay away from all other females that aren't her. Got it?" She rose a brow, putting an emphasis on staying away.

Ace rose a brow at her words, but didn't say a thing, only watched as his mother scolded his brother. He felt like there was something behind those words she spoke, being only eight.. he was quite smart for his age and could read body language better than the most seasoned Alpha in the states.

"Okay mommy." Drac bowed his head in submission, pouting his lip out.

"Good boy." Nova ruffled his hair with a smile before reaching out for Ace's hand and pulling him in so she could look the both of them in the eye. "Now you're cousins are here and so are your friends.. so I want you both to be on your best behavior. Got it?" She eyed them both with the same amount of authority. Drac cringed slightly but Ace stood there with his head held high, eyes meeting hers. "Got it mommy." Ace nodded.

Nova's smile broadened on her plump lips. "Good." she ruffled both their dark hair again before walking off, leaving them to themselves as she went to find her errant mate who always seemed to leave whenever important topics came up. If it had to do with mates, Zaryn always fled the sceen. Even though it had been years and He and Nova's love was stronger than ever, it still hurt his chest to think about what he had done to her all those years ago..

He loved Nova more than anything.. they were a family. He didn't like sticking her with answering the questions Drac always seemed to have about mates.. but he just couldn't deal with the memories..

"You're an idiot you know that?" Ace scoffed, shaking his head at Drace who glared at him and stuck out his tongue.

"No I'm not. You are!" Drac replied childishly. Afterall, they were just eight year old children.. Only, Ace wasn't your typical eight year old. He was well advanced for his age. Drac however, very much was an eight year old little pup.

"You don't get it Drac." Ace shook his head, grabbing his brothers hand as he led him off to find the other pups. "Mates are like mommy and daddy. The moon creates a female just for you. Just for your wolf, when you get him. You won't want anyone else and you won't want to be away from her. It's best you listen to mommy and daddy and mark her as soon as you get the chance. Why do you always question it?" Ace was irritated that his brother just didn't get the concept of mates. They were for life. He knew that. The moment Ace found his mate, he wasn't going to let her go. He would mark her, just like his mommy said, and take her to live with him at his pack - if she didn't live here already. She would be his Luna one day when Ace took over.. He would be the Alpha and his mate would be his Luna. His special gift. Just like mommy had told him a long time ago when he had inquired about it.