Blind Beauty | 14

Magsimula sa umpisa

    But instantly, Arlette knew that Aaron was not saying that because of the disturbing, nauseating view of her back, but the fact that it was miraculously healing.

   ➳            ➳             ➳             ➳             ➳              ➳                   ➳

     Aaron’s P.O.V.

    Aaron didn't mind the twisting, corrupted pain in his whole back, or at least he tried to push it away, or the fact that his brother was holding him up against a wall about to strangle him and rip his throat apart, who was also glancing back at her, but he could only stare in utter wonder and awe as Arlette's back healed with atrocity.

    Arlette was on her knees, gasping rather loudly as the bones cracked slowly back into place, the skin beneath the dress moved abnormally, the bones sticking loudly to one another. The sound was morbid, yet stunning. Arlette let out a ear splitting scream, arching her back—the sound sorrowful, miserable. The view itself was wickedly amusing to watch. He had never seen anything like this before.

    The Beast suddenly let go of Aaron, letting him fall with a hard thud on the floor. Aaron groaned, but quickly looked up at his brother, waiting for him to finish what he had started. But instead, the Prince turned around toward Arlette, who was trembling in fear, perhaps at what she had just witnessed.

    Aaron looked at her back.

    It was like new.

    Glancing at his brother, Aaron saw as the Prince, as always highly and neatly dressed, showing great royalty and power,  stared at her from the far distance where they were. The Prince knew he couldn't go near her if he didn't want to hurt her. His rage was a reckless and highly dangerous thing right now. It had always been. But right at this moment, it wasn't exactly as pretty. And even though Aaron didn't know much about his brother, despite the years growing together, he did know this.

    And though he looked more calm now, Aaron noticed that he wasn't risking it.

    He cares for her.

    That only, somehow, triggered a wild emotion deep inside Aaron.

    “Why is her hair—”

    “Glowing? Like it's about to burst in a million flames?” Aaron inquired from behind, though looking at Arlette as well. He thought perhaps he was the only one seeing what he was seeing, but his brother just proved him wrong. He didn’t know why he thought his eyes were deceiving him, but he had never seen such thing.

   Aaron was waiting for his brother to also talk about her eyes, but she was looking down, trembling uncontrollably. And not until now, he couldn't understand why he had the old pain of his back, the one where he was healing slowly, the one in which Arlette had tried, and succeeded, to numb, and not the one he felt he had received from his brother, which Arlette felt as well.

    Only one thing didn't happen.

    His back didn't completely crack like Arlette's. Or at least that is what he felt.

    “My mother...” Arlette whispered, disturbing Aaron's thoughts. “Take me to my mother.”