Chapter 23 | Fake ID's

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," I laugh. "I'm fine." I look over at Addy, who is gawking at him, and stealthily smack her arm to stop. She grabs her arm in pain and sulks as she rubs it.

"Good, I'm so sorry again..." He pauses, waiting for me to say my name.

"Isabella." I smile.

"Isabella." He nods, smiling back.

I am gently shoved away by Addy. "Hi, I'm Addison, her best friend," she addresses, thrusting her hand into his to shake it.

He chuckles. "I'm Matías, it's nice to meet you."

"Hey, Darlin'!" Miles comes sauntering over in all his glory, cutting our conversation short. How did I not see this coming? When Miles sees someone playing with what's his, he has to mark his territory.

"Hey." I smile as he drapes his arm over my shoulders. He kisses the side of my head while Matías watches. "Miles, this is Matías," I explain. "Matías, Miles."

They both nod at each other and say hello. Then we awkwardly stand there under the hot beating sun until Matías breaks the silence. "Well, I should head back. It was nice meeting you all!"

"Nice meeting you too!" I shout as he jogs back to his friends.

When he is clearly not distracted by us any longer, Miles turns to me with glowering eyes. "Making friends I see?"

"Yes and no." I shrug my shoulders. "I just like pissing you off." I grin.

He raises his eyebrow in amusement. "Is that so?"

"Yes."

He looks up and down my body, grinning. "I enjoy pissing you off too."

And just like that, his muscular arms lift me over his shoulder and I'm being carried to the ocean once again.

MILES

"Is she still mad?" Jasper questions as he sips his beer. It's around eight in the evening and we're sitting on the back porch dressed in casual clothes, waiting for the girls to be done.

Today has been interesting, to say the least. I've been receiving the silent treatment from Bell since last night, and now she's extra mad because I threw her in the ocean again. This is not how I pictured this trip going. Maybe after tonight, she will lighten up. How long could she possibly stay mad?

I laugh. "Yes."

"I'd be mad if you threw me in the ocean twice."

"Hey," I jerk up, staring at him, "you're supposed to be on my side, dude."

He shrugs his shoulders, finishing his beer. "Too bad I'm on hers."

Just as I'm about to say something, I hear the girls' high heels clicking inside. "Okay boys, we're ready!" Addy shouts from the living room. We both stand up and walk inside to greet them.

I step in and my eyes instantly lock with Bell's. I take in her appearance, which is perfect. I feel myself smiling like an idiot, causing her to blush. Without hesitating, I amble over, slinking my arms around her hips. "You look beautiful."

"You look handsome."

"Are you still mad?" I question, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hmm." She taps her pointer finger against her lips, thinking. "I think I'll let you off the hook for now."

However, I know the moment we arrive at the club parking lot, I will be put right back on the hook. "I did something you guys won't like, as in you guys, I mean Bell, it's the only way we'd be allowed to get in," I say wearily.

"Miles," she says with a warning.

"Here is your fake ID, Addy," I place it into Addy's eager hands, "and here is yours." I hand Bell hers and she stares at it like it's a parking ticket.

"You and Addy can stay in the car while Miles and I go in and have fun, it's up to you!" Jasper states.

"No way! I'm coming in, let's do this," Addy squeals, pushing the car door open. Jasper quickly follows, and I stay back with Bell.

"Hey, you'll be fine." I rub her knee, then lean in to whisper in her ear. "I'll bail you out of jail if I have to." She looks up at me in horror.

"I'm kidding, Bell, you won't get caught."

She stares at me for a couple of seconds before a grin fills her face. "Alright... Let's do this," she declares.

After we wait in the long line, we eventually make it inside. The place is packed from wall to wall with drunk, sweaty people dancing to head-throbbing music. Now that we're in here, I can tell Bell is excited.

The girls pick a table far from the dance floor while Jasper and I go to the bar to get drinks. Two minutes later, we're at the table with numerous glasses of shots. We each fervently reach for one and swill it down.

Bell slams the empty glass onto the table and looks at us. "I will do three more in a row! Do you dare me?" Bell shouts over the noise. I shake my head no, knowing that she will regret it in the morning, but when I look back at her, I'm too late. She is already downing her second one.

And then another follows, and another, but I stop her.

"Hey!" she shouts in protest as I guzzle it down.

"Come on, let's dance." I stand, taking her hand to help her down from the tall chair. She obliges and we run to the dance floor.

When we reach the floor, she throws her arms around my neck and begins swaying her hips back and forth. I can't help but run my hands up and down the thin fabric covering her body. She doesn't stop me. In fact, she dances more.

I hesitantly slide my hands to the back of her body, close to her ass. Is it okay for me to touch her while she's buzzed? It's Bell. She would either stop me or hit me if she didn't want it.

As if she is reading my thoughts, she leans in close, and I feel her fiery breath on my ear. "Touch me, Miles," she mumbles and my entire body tenses up.

Fuck, I never expected her to demand such a thing, but I don't mind. My hands greedily trail from her behind to her hips and I turn her around, so her back is pressed against my front.

"Do you like my dancing?" she questions.

"I love your dancing." I let out a boisterous laugh. She rests her head back on my shoulder and smiles. I briskly kiss her forehead and wrap my arms around her body.

I have grown such strong feelings for this girl, it's driving me insane. Two months ago, I would've never admitted something like that, but I'm a completely different person now and I like it.

I like the new me. I don't feel obligated to impress everyone and bang every girl in my line of sight. The only girl I want is Bell, and I'm going to wait for her to give herself to me. If it takes a month, I will wait. If it takes a year, I will wait. Even if she doesn't know it yet, I'm completely hers and I think I always will be.

Anything for her.

Because I think I've fallen in love.

━━━─── • ───━━━

QOTD: What is your favorite food? 

I absolutely LOVE sushi, any kind! I also love potatoes lol

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: annasteffeyy

vote • comment • follow

Thanks for reading ♡

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝