Chapter 17

Within two hours I was at home in Carolina, sitting on my couch and eating ice cream.
On my way here, I had thought of everything that had happened. Me and Maxon got married. I am, or was, pregnant with triplets. My dad was dead. Clarkson was dead. Amberly was in a Southern rebel base along with May. Right?
My mother wasn't here, and I was home alone. Great. Now who am I going to talk to about all of this crap that's going on in my life? My life is fifty shades of fucked up.
Ugh! I threw my spoon down on the ground, and grabbed the remote and turned on the television.
"- and here we see Prince Maxon and Lady America on a date in the gardens. Maxon, where is Lady America tonight?" Gavril asked. The camera shot to Maxon's face and his plastered on smile slightly faltered, but still remained.
"She wasn't feeling well tonight, she is in her room recovering," there's a horrible lie. "She didn't want to rush getting anybody else sick." Another lie. What is up with him? Why doesn't he tell them the truth? Maybe I should. I quickly run over to the phone and dial the number to the Report.
"-have an incoming call from Carolina, I wonder who it would be?" Gavril asked teasingly. "Hello?"
"Yes, this is America Singer calling from Carolina, not my bedroom in the palace," I stated. The camera flipped over to Maxon and his face had the saddest look on it. Too bad.
"And why are you in Carolina and not in Angeles, Lady America?" Gavril pressed. Maxon was whispering something into one of his advisors ear.
"Oh, that's an easy one. I walked in on Maxon sleeping with someone. I thought that if that one person was willing to give Maxon more than I was, then so be it. Let her have Maxon. If he truly cared about me, he would have respected my morals and not have done that." Boom. They had a right to know.
"Well, Lady America, that is very interesting. Prince Maxon, pending for your thoughts?" He turned to where Maxon was sitting, but he was no longer there.
"Well, I guess we'll have to finish this next week on the Report. GOOOOOOODDDD NIIIGHT ILLEA!" And with that the cameras went off and the phone line went dead.