Chapter 14

The TimberClan cats were muttering amongst each other. They were wondering why WolfClan and ViperClan postponed the gathering?
"Why did they cancel the meeting?" Tigerfur asked Flowerheart.
"I have no idea. Maybe something happened." The yellow tabby she-cat replied. Spruceleap blinked. "Bad enough to tell there's no gathering?" He mewed looking confused. "StarClan knows." Racoontooth chimed in. Hollowpaw was with Barkpelt organizing herbs. "I'm telling you Barkpelt, something about the way they told us didn't feel right." She mewed softly. The fluffy brown tom put a bundle of comfrey in his stores of the den. "I couldn't agree more my apprentice," He meowed. "Felt like that feeling after eating a bad piece of prey." He went on.
Hollowpaw nodded her head. "I need to put this mouse bile on Mallowtail. She said she has ticks." She meowed and walked with the bad-smelling moss between her paws to the she-cat. Bravestar looked deep in thought. Why would they postpone a gathering? "Has this sort of thing happened before?" He meowed to himself. He felt a tongue rasp across his ear. "Stop worrying my love. Let's rest for a while. We have a big day of patrols tomorrow." She purred and walked into the warrior's den. The brown tom nodded his head and went into his log, into this den, and curled up in his nest.

"Bravestar." A familiar voice meowed. The tom looked up to see his mother once again. "Mom," he purred. "I'm glad you talk with me in my dreams." His voice was warm, his curiosity long gone.
"My son. You are worrying." She observed. Bravestar nodded his head. "Why would Feralstar postpone a gathering?" He asked. The starry she-cat looked deep in thought. "I do not know. But everycat has a reason for everything." She mewed.
"But.. was there a reason for this? Has this happened before?" He rambled on and on. "My son. There must be a good reason so do not fear."
He nodded his head slowly.
"Now get some rest." She soothed. He let himself sink into sleep. His mother vanished leaving her son to sleep.