Chapter 8

"Feel my teeth TimberClan scum!" Cypresskit squeaked hurling herself at her brother. Crowwing walked over. "Play nice with your brother." She mewed.
The black and white she-kit nodded. "Yes mama!" She meweled.
Feralstar saw Elmpoppy looking with darkness in her eyes. The tom blinked. Why does she look sad..? He wondered.
Elmpoppy watched the kits. Smallstep padded over, letting them play climbing on him. "Daddy's a tree!" Sagekit squealed. Cypresskit pawed at his tail. The gray tom purred. She pounced "I gotcha!" The she-kit declared. "Why yes you did." He tapped her nose with his tail. Cypresskit sneezed and took a sniff. "That tickled!"
"Bless you my little warrior." Smallstep purred sweetly.
Elmpoppy's brown tail was twitching as she glared her brother and his kits, being oblivious. However, Crowwing was staring back at her, her green eyes looking as hard as stone.

Darkshadow took a patrol. Deerleg took a sniff then bristled. "I smell ScarClan!" She hissed. Pinefur growled, claws unsheathed instantly. The ScarClan deputy, Shadowtuft was leading a patrol with Halfclaw, Riverheart, Frostwing, her apprentice, Shrewfur, and Appleheart. "What are you doing? This is WolfClan territory." Pinefur growled.
"I didn't realize we earned WolfClan's hostility as well." The black deputy meowed, dodging the reddish brown warrior's words.
"Answer me!" The WolfClan warrior demanded.
"We're just wandering." Meowed Shrewfur calmly.
One WolfClan warrior snorted in disbelief. "How can a patrol wander?" Creekpaw asked his mentor Lizardstep. The short tailed tom didn't answer him.
"I don't buy that for a moment. Unless you have an actual reason, go away!" Howlingdawn growled.
Pelts bristled with anger. Shadowtuft's blue eyes scanned the patrol. Then he frowned for a heartbeat. "Come. It's time we left." He meowed to his clanmates. His patrol muttered amongst themselves but followed after him turning in the direction of their camp.
Thunderclaw frowned bitterly. "No fight? I wanted to sink my teeth into one of their pelts for even thinking they can trespass." He rumbled. Leafpelt bristled slightly at his grandson. "Fighting doesn't have to be around every corner." He meowed. "Come on. Let's get to hunting." Darkshadow meowed, getting in a stalk as his clanmates followed him stride for stride. Knowing that prey was soon going to be theirs to fill their bellies without needlessly fighting over it like a pack of mad dogs.