Chapter 10

"Be lighter Brice!" Flintnose yowled to the smoky tom. He wove away from Spruceleap, who hurled himself at him. The black tom bristled and pounced on top of Flowerheart, who then used her backlegs to push him off and send him flying. The black tom got up and charged for her. Ignoring Racoontooth and Tigerfur who tried to block his path, he barrled into her, pinning her down just as she started to get herself up.
"Well done." Bravestar meowed.
"We better get back to," Flitnnose sniffed the air.
Bravestar looked at him wondering what he scented.
"ViperClan cats.." he snarled. The tom looked shocked. "What?" Bravestar asked. Suddenly, it looked like a patrol was charging at them. "They're not even warriors!!" Spruceleap yowled. Tigerfur growled bristling in fury. Raccoontooh bristled. "I say we show these trouble makers what for!" He declared. "Do not hurt them but if they unseath their claws you do the same. Scare them off. Do not hurt or kill them!" Bravestar ordered. The cats charged at them.
"On my command." He told his cats. His warriors obeyed him and nodded their heads. "Wait for it." The patrol got closer. Battle cries rang out in fury. "Wait for it." Bravestar raised his paw as if he was taking a step. His warriors growled and snarled, ready for a fight. Bravestar brought his paw down "Now!" They yowled a battle cry and ran for their enemies. He has waited until the ViperClan cats were running too fast to stop. Her charged with his warriors. Brice charged and slashed at Cloudfur, a ViperClan warrior. But she overpowered him, and clawed his ear. "Kit moves!" She mocked. Bravestar lunged at Cloudfur tackling her "Kit like distraction!" The brown tabby spat.
Leopardheart was grappling with Thawleap. "Everyone! Scatter defense!" He yowled an unknown battle cry and the cats scattered in different directions. Beechflight pinned Dovepaw against a tree. "Aaah! Dad! Mom! Help!" She shrieked out.
A sudden flash tackled Beechflight. It was Brice. The ginger tom yowled out surprised. "No one hurts a kit lad!" He nodded to Dovepaw "Go lassie." He meowed. Dovepaw scampered off following her mother's tail. His littermate, Birchstripe charged at him, but Poolhawk leaped in and slashed at the warrior. Brice ducked. "Ye be careful." He got off of him and walked backwards into the shadows. "Travel home now lad. Before we give you what you really deserve." The TimberClan Warriors all disappeared. The ViperClan warriors ran off. Before they could get anywhere near the border Bravestar padded out in front of them. "You thought you could get away young warriors." He meowed. They were scratched and lame.
Bravestar chuckled "You all thought we retreated." He meowed.
"For a Clan named after wood, I'm shocked you didn't!" Spat Yarrowwhisker.
"You seem eager for a fight Yarrowwhisker." Bravestar commented.
"You have made a grave mistake." He leaped onto a low brach above the warriors and laid down watching them. The TimberClan cats crowded them in a circle liked trapped rabbits. "ViperClan attack!" Yowled a voice. It was Yarrowwhisker. But not a cat moved. Cloudfur was the only one who did, but she was stopped by Flintnose who pinned her to the ground, clawing her down her head. Bravestar purred amused. "Like I said." He rumbled.
Beechflight and Birchstripe yowled a battle cry, running forward, but they were stopped by Kinkstem and Quickfoot. Yarrowwhisker ran for the low branch Bravestar was on. Leopardfur pinned him to the ground. "Oh no you don't dungface!" Tigerfur helped her hold him down, ignoring that his back paw just clawed her cheek.
"Now viperclan warriors who were smart enough to not to move." He looked at them. "You... you were..." Ivorytail coughed panting. "Smart? Yes." Bravestar meowed. Paleheart swing his muzzle at Yarrowwhisker." We told you this a load of,"
"Enough young Paleheart," The TimberClan leader meowed. "Those who were smart enough not to attack may go home first. Tell whoever sent you we are strong. And we aren't giving up so easily." Bravestar mewed. They ran off like frightened kits, having met their match.