Chapter 7

"He was a good warrior. And we will miss him." Feralstar meowed as he looked down at Fallentooth, crouched beside Falconwing's unmoving body, Bluejay murmuring words in his ear.
"I am so sorry for your loss." Dawnfrost meowed.
"He'll be in StarClan with your mother and Sootpelt." Whitefang mewed.
The WolfClan leader sighed, feeling as if this were his fault. But yet it wasn't. That TimberClan warrior was the one to spring at him.
Elmpoopy was sitting beside Deerleg, one of Brindlefrost's kits. "Are you okay?" The brown and white splotched she-cat asked her companion.
"I'm fine." Elmpoppy replied.
"You just seem out of sorts. That's all." Deerleg meowed.
"Maybe because one of our clanmates just died and I'm expecting kits." The dark brown she-cat rumbled. Deerleg bristled. "I was just asking..." she mewed.
Elmpoppy frowned. "I'm sorry," The brown she-cat meowed. "I'm just not in a good mood." She told her.
Deerleg touched her nose to her clanmate's ear. "Okay. If you need anything just tell me." She offered padding to go share tongues with her mother as the cats departed.
Elmpoppy walked over to the nursery, seeing Sorrelheart there. "Hey. Need anything?"
"These kits to be ready to see he world. I can't wait for the moon I'm going to have them comes." The gray and brown queen meowed. Crowwing curled her tail around her kits. "This thing takes time. You cannot rush life." Her tone gave no gentleness nor scolding. Minnowhisker was sleeping. Fawnheart looked to the she-cat. "Crowwing has a point, even if she's the youngest out of all of us in here." The fawn colored she-cat pointed put.
"I'm shocked that Larchwing or Hazelheart didn't have kits before any of us." Sorrelheart purred.
"Maybe some cats don't want kits tying them down.." Elmpoppy muttered.
"Elmpoppy! What a terrible thing to say!" Fawnheart meowed appalled.
She snorted. "Whatever." The she-cat padded into the den and curled up in a nest.
A growl of anger rumbled in Sorrelheart's throat. Feralstar padded past the nursery, seeing his deputy's daughter with kits of her own. His sister padded over to visit her grandkits. The tom purred looked over seeing Fallentooth still by Falconwing's side. The WolfClan leader knew he would never leave his side.