Prologue

A cool air blew through the trees. Feralstar remembered the day their former leader, Onestar was buried;it was also the day he went to the Starred Stone to receive his nine lives. He sighed looking up at the stars. "Oh StarClan.. show me what I must do." He meowed. The fighting had died down, but he feared that it would happen again. The WolfClan leader was told by his deputy, Darkshadow, that some of his warriors were going with some of Whitestar's to attack TimberClan after they had run into them on a night border patrol. Feralstar needed to treat this matter carefully. One wrong move, everything will turn into chaos..
"Feralstar," Meowed a voice. The leader turned to see his black and brown companion. "The hunting patrol's back. Looks like they caught a lot." He reported.
"Excellent Darkshadow. I trust you to lead this Clan beside me with great skill." The tan tabby tom meowed.
"We've been friends since we were kits. Of course you can trust me Feralstar." The green eyed warrior vowed, holding his head high. The WolfClan leader dipped his head. "I am glad to hear that." He told him.
He remembered Onestar's burial too well. His mate and kits wailing with grief the most. Rainfrost was telling her slowly dieing father, how sorry she was for all the pain she had caused him and their mom the time she was meeting with that rogue when the conjoined camp was at its worse when they were arguing with each other all those moons ago.
The two cats walked beside each other watching the cats sharing tongues. Feralstar's mate, Lightspot, padded over to him to give him an affectionate lick. "Don't worry my love." She meowed.
Hazelheart gave her leader and father a mouse. "Here dad. I figured you were hungry." She purred.
Feralstar smiled at both of them. "Thank you..." he meowed, a purr rumbling in his throat.
Smallstep was playing with Crowwing's kits. His kits. He was letting them chase his tail. Leafpelt was grooming himself. Feralstar looked out over his Clanmates. They looked to him now. Despite everything they've been through. They were his warriors now. Onestar was gone. Fresh grief pressed itself onto Feralstar as he thought about the formee leader. He sighed. Onestar would want me ti be strong, for the Clan.