Love Is Like A Drug

Darla's POV

I try to sit up but my head is getting worse as I moved. I hear footsteps walking towards my cell block and it's Carl and Daryl.

"How you doing sis?" Daryl said.

"I'm okay I guess." I say.

I look at Carl and he looks really upset. I try to grab his hand but he left my cell. I look at Daryl and he grab my hand.

"He's upset about his mom but I'm going to cheer him up. You look a little pale. You should eat something." He said.

He put his hands on my head and he strokes my cheek.

"I'm sorry that this has happen to you." He said.

"I was trying to protect the group." I say.

"I know. Try to eat. You need it." He said as he put the bowl down on my lap.

I finish my food and I hear footsteps walking towards my cell. I turn and it's Maggie.

"Hey how are you feeling?" She ask.

"My head still hurts, but I'm okay." I say.

"Let me see if there's anything wrong." She said.

She take a look at me and she feels my head.

"You might have a fever I'm going to get you some pain killers." She said as she leaves.

I hear more footsteps walking towards my cell.

"I brought Glenn with me because he wants to check on you." Maggie said as she hands me pain killers.

"Awww that's sweet of you guys." I say after I took the pain killers.

"Thank you for helping my father and sister. They'll be dead if you weren't there for them." Maggie said while she hugs me.

"You're welcome and it was nothing." I say.

"If you need anything I'm always here for you no matter what." She said.

"Thank you Maggie." I say as I smile.

"No thank you my best friend." She said as she put her hand on my shoulder.

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Best friend." I say.

We hug each other and I lay down on my bed.

"Glenn can you give me another blanket." She said.

I saw Glenn leaving and he grab a blanket from the next room. He gives it to Maggie and she covers me with the blanket and I close my eyes.

Carl's POV

We went to the hallways to make sure it was all clear and I heard a whistle. It's Daryl getting my attention.

"You know, my mom, she liked her wine. She liked to smoke in bed. Virginia slims. Darla and I were playing out with the kids in the neighborhood, but luckily Darla was young at the time. She doesn't remember anything that day, but anyway. I could do that with Merle gone. They had bikes, I didn't. I was watching Darla playing with her polar bear toy and then we heard sirens getting louder. They jumped on their bikes, ran after it, you know, hoping to see something worth seeing. I pick up Darla and I ran after them, but I couldn't keep up. I ran around a corner and saw my friends looking at me. Hell, I saw everybody looking at me. Fire trucks everywhere. People from the neighborhood. It was my house they were there for. It was my mom in bed burnt down to nothing. That was the hard part. You know, she was just gone. Erased. Nothing left of her. People said it was better that way. I don't know. Just made it seem like it wasn't real, you know?" He said.

"I shot my mom. She was out. Hadn't turned yet. I ended it. It was real. Sorry about your mom." I say as I look at Daryl.

"I'm sorry about yours. Darla feels bad about everything that has happen and she thinks it's her fault." He said.

"It's not her fault. I made a mistake and I felt bad that I  betrayed her. That's why I left her cell block this morning  because I don't want her to handle any pain and I feel so guilty." I say as I start crying.

"It's better to tell her instead of holding it in. Come on." He said as he wrap his arms around my shoulder.

We search the hallways and everything was clear. Daryl seems upset that Carol dies and Sophia is all that's left. I feel bad that I yell at Sophia that I'm glad her mother died. Life moves on. I went to check on Darla and she's asleep. I don't want to mess with her. I sat down in the kitchen with everyone else. My dad came back and hold Judith. We went outside and he gave me Judith. I watch him go down at the gate and someone was on the other side of the fence holding Judith's formula. Where's Glenn and Maggie?

It's been a long time that I made a new chapter. I apologize for that. I've been busy with this school program but now I can update every Monday and Friday YAY 😀😀😀😀.  There's cliffhangers in this chapter. I hope you enjoy this chapter.