Chapter 4 - Part 2: "What Christmas Means To Me"

Start from the beginning

"You being one of them?" Taylor asked her with a mischievous grin on his face."So impatient." he teased.

Michelle playfully smacked him.

"No!" she said in a teasing voice. "I can be patient!...as long as I know I'm getting my way in the end."

They both laughed at this.

"I'm so happy that you're here finally." Taylor told Michelle as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Me too." Michelle said back to him with her arms wrapped around his neck.

They stared deeply into each other's eyes for a few seconds until Taylor remembered he needed to get them back to his parents' house, because they are expected them any minute now.

"We'd better be heading back to my parents' before they send out a search party for us."

"Yeah." Michelle said, while feeling a bit nervous at the thought of meeting Taylor's family as his girlfriend this time around and not just his friend.

Taylor and Michelle got into the truck and Taylor started up the engine and began to drive them in the direction of his folks' place.

During the ride, Taylor and Michelle caught each other up on what had been happening in their lives, career wise, and everything in between. Taylor noticed the closer he got to his parents' house, the more quiet and distance Michelle seemed.

Eventually Taylor pulled up to the front of the driveway and parked the truck there. He turned off the engine and took the keys out of the ignition. He turned to face Michelle.

"Michelle, what's wrong?" Taylor asked her.

Michelle looked over at the house and then turned to look at Taylor. Taylor saw the fear and anxiety on her face.

"Hey, come on, talk to me." Taylor told Michelle as he caressed one of her cheeks.

Michelle leaned more into Taylor's touch, for it soothed her a bit. She looked at him dead in the eyes and saw the concern in them.

"I'm just scared." Michelle said flat out.

"Of what? Meeting my family? But you've already met most of them at the BBQ." Taylor said, feeling a bit confused.

Michelle just nodded her head "yes" in response.

"What if they don't like me, Tay?" Michelle asked him, feeling a bit panicky.

Taylor grabbed a hold of Michelle's hands and interlocked her fingers with his.

"Michelle, they are going to love you, because they know how important you are to me." Taylor told her truthfully.

"Let's hope so." Michelle said, still not convinced that the Hanson family would welcome her entirely with open arms.

"I know for a fact mom already likes you, and of course Ike and Zac do."

"Come on, let's go inside." Taylor said as he let go of Michelle's hands and unlocked the doors for them to get out.

They got out the truck and went to the bed of it to grab a hold of Michelle's luggage.

Again, Taylor grabbed a hold of the big suitcase and Michelle grabbed a hold of the duffel bag and her purse.

They began to walk up the pathway that led to the front door. Taylor placed the suitcase on the ground for a second and took out his keys unlocked the door.

"Ladies first.."

Michelle walked in feeling a bit uneasy, she had no idea what reaction Taylor's family will have when they met her again under these new circumstances.