Chapter Nine: Cullen Boys and Human Girls

First day back at school since Charlie kept me at home for a whole 2 days until he was convinced I wasn't losing my mind or going to crash my truck.

Ugh!

I don't know what I'm going to find when I go to school today. I've thought a lot about Edward and Carlisle the past two days.

Edwards my age, cute, ominous but still interesting. I'd love to talk to him more to see who he really is,

Carlisle on the other hand, I found is Edwards adoptive father.. wouldn't that just be crossing a line somewhere? No matter if there's blood between them or how young he looks it's not right.

But I can't forget about either of them.

For now I'm going to focus on Edward.

We still have a conversation to finish!

I get in my truck to start the short drive to school, admiring the new dent in the side where the but end of the car hit mine after Edward saved me.

Guess we both couldn't get away without a scratch, huh?

Flash to Edward getting home with Carlisle

Carlisle's pov

I'm sitting inside, just getting home from the hospital after treating a couple more patients after Bella.

It's still hard for me to not think of her, but this girl is not going to have her life taken by any vampire. Me included.

I wouldnt accept any humans life being made immortal and forcing them to give up their humanity.

Me and esme are sitting on the couch while I think about this, her laying beside me singing a song softly when we hear Edward getting back home.

Thankfully he tries not to read his family's minds, so I think I should be mostly safe keeping my thoughts about bella to myself. Alice on the other hand.. may find out sometime soon.

Pushing that thinking away, Edward walks into the door.

I hear a short Hello from him and he looks down, like he's thinking.

Probably about her.

"Hello Edward, have a good day?" I respond

Edward sighs softly at my question, understandably conflicted about what's been going on.

Esme speaks up,

"We need to talk to you about something"

Here goes.

I start to speak,

"Edward, I know you saved that human girl."

I hope he doesn't read my thoughts when she comes up into conversation, I'm hiding them the best I can

Esme speaks next, in a softer voice,

" Edward, you know we love you but bringing her into your life will hurt us, and her. She'd be in danger if she ever found out and we don't know if we can trust her."

My turn.

"The voulturi could kill us if they found out you were getting involved with a human"

Edward looks up at us,

"I understand. I'm not going to talk to her anymore, I'm trying to change classes now. "

He sighs softly

"I wouldn't hurt a human or endanger our family, Carlisle."

Alice skips softly into the room like a gazelle.

"Hey guys!"

The room atmosphere lightens up with her here, and she looks at me with an odd expression,

Hopefully she doesn't know anything

Back to bella at school

I half slept through most of my classes, I plan on confronting Edward today after we leave Bio.

It's lunch now so Bio is next and I practically jump out of my seat to run there as the bell chimes, signally the end of lunch.

While I look excited to outsiders, it's not a friday so they all groan as the bell rings.

I look around catiously trying to see if Edward could be caught and spoken too before class, so I wouldn't be thinking so much during it.

No luck, sadly. He's not in the hall ways.

I saw him this morning with the usual gang, the black haired girl Alice staring oddly like usual.

Such a weird family

As I walked in I noticed my small table was empty.

He's.. not here..?

I saw him today! He should be here..

I look towards the door the whole time, til the bell rings signaling the end. No Edward.

Did he skip?

I go to my last classes and still never see him in halways or outside the windows.

He's so infuriating! What do I have to do just to get some answers. He saved my life, I need to know.

Maybe he just isn't interested, saved me simply because he was in the moment didn't know what he was even doing.

That could be why he is avoiding me..

I'm just going to go home.

I start the small walk to the parking lot, looking down angrily walking to my old truck.

Ouch!

I just walked into something,

Probably didn't see that I was already at my destination, I look up and see my truck is still ten - twelve feet away

Huh?

My eyes continue to move upwards until they land on a face

The face of the man I've been looking for all day

Edward.