Annabeth kissed the green pearl. 

Percy smiled. He wrapped her fingers around the pearl for her. He kissed her fist. "You won't let them get this?"

"Never," She promised.

****

Annabeth couldn't get Percy to wake up. A few hours ago he seemed fine, now his breath was strained and his wounds were bleeding more. Annabeth remembered what Grover said. 

"I felt the moment he should've died, Chaos is the only thing keeping him alive." 

Annabeth shook him again. Was that all she got? One stupid kiss with an empty shell? 

Annabeth walked outside the cave they'd taken refuge in. They were in the middle of Alaska with no way of moving. They were stuck. 

****

Annabeth was wondering what likelihood of her starving to death was when she heard something outside the cave. She found a small black package outside. It has a note.

Annabeth,                         
This is for you. I'm sorry.
                                 -Blaze

Annabeth picked it up, wondering how Blaze knew she was here. What if it was Chaos? Annabeth stepped inside and unfolded it. It was Ruin's suit. 

What in Hades was she supposed to do with Ruin's suit? Why was it for her? 

Why apologize? 

Annabeth studied it for hours. She couldn't open it. The clasps wouldn't unhinge. The gloves and boots looked sewn into it, even though Annabeth had seen Percy take the gloves off. 

Percy shifted in his sleep. Annabeth checked his pulse. He was a little more stable now than before, when he had been practically comatose. Annabeth grabbed his hand and tried to make him open the suit, but it didn't work then either. 

Annabeth wrapped the suit up and heaved Percy over her shoulders. She'd wondered if this would hurt him, and it would, but if his condition was going to deteriorate without Chaos, she needed to get him to safety. 

Annabeth walked until she found a stream of melting snow cutting into the ground. She laid Percy down in it. The water should've healed him, but it just soaked him. She was going to give him hypothermia. 

Annabeth pulled him out and he groaned.

Annabeth reluctantly put him back in. She didn't even know if she was helping. It must've helped a little bit, because his eyes started fluttering. 

Annabeth pulled out the green pearl and touched it to his chest. Slowly Percy opened his eyes, the pale green peaking out of his eyelids. He numbly hit the suit on the ground next to her. He twisted the clamps with his weak fingers and they opened. 

"Hurry," He wheezed. 

Annabeth moved the suit around while he opened it with his eyes closed. 

Annabeth didn't know what he Blaze intended for her to do, but Percy did.

Percy sat up—grunting as the energy drained him. He put the jacket around her. She hastily put her arms through.

"She must have a plan, Blaze."

Annabeth scrunched her eyebrows. "How did you know Blaze sent it?"

"I—I left it at Coda... Never mind, I shouldn't say out loud." Percy pushed the boots towards her. "She must be ready to complete the plan. Once Chaos sees me and Ruin separately he'll start his endgame."