Even More

I woke up to warm kisses all over my face. I giggled a little.

"Oh god. The most beautiful sound to hear in the morning.... Or anytime", I heard him mumble in his deep morning voice.

"Good morning baby. Couldn't sleep?" I asked, my eyes still shut.

"Nah. I was a little distracted by the beautiful masterpiece laying beside me", he said, kissing me one last time.

I groaned. "I have work today".

"I was afraid you'd say that", he grumbled.

I opened my eyes. He was still hovering over me.

"Good morning, gorgeous", he smiled.

I pushed him over and sat up. I could tell my hair was a wreck just by the feel.

"I feel like Saturday comes once a year", I whined.

He put his arms around me from the back and kissed my shoulder. "Don't worry. Just two more days".

"Do you have anything today?" I asked.

"No. I'll probably just sit and wish you were here", he sighed.

"Don't worry, one day, a rich couple will leave us their inheritance and we'll be set for life", I said wrapping my hands around his.

He chuckled. "Or we could just ditch and drive until our money runs out. Then we can be hobos and beg".

"Okay, I'm getting up", I said.

I got dressed and sat down to eat breakfast.

"I feel so old", I sighed," I feel like I should know what to do with my life".

He sighed. "Says who? We can be whatever we want. Whether rock stars or hobos".

I flashed him a smile. "Are we secretly homeless and you're too afraid to tell me?"

"I wish", he chuckled.

He suddenly became serious. "Joanna, what do you want in your future? What do you want to see?"

I thought for a moment. "I don't know. I want you to be there. And maybe even go to college and get a better job".

"You really do want to go to college, don't you?" He asked.

I sighed. "Yes, I do. I always did. But it just wasn't an option. My parents wouldn't pay, and I didn't have enough money to go anywhere except a nearby, cheap college, but all I wanted was to leave. And so I chose my path".

"And you landed here", he said, leaning across the counter to me.

"And I'm the luckiest girl in the whole wide world", I said, smiling at him affectionately.

"So you are happy here? You want this?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. Why so paranoid?" I asked him.

He forced a smile. "Just curious."

I raised an eyebrow. He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. "So sexy", he said, walking away.

I rolled my eyes and finished breakfast. "I'm leaving!" I shouted, heading towards the door.

"Wait!" He shouted, running towards me.

"I'll drop you off. What time do you get off?" He said.

"Three fifteen", I answered, "Don't be late".

"No way, darling", he said grabbing my hand and walking out with me.

He drove me to work. "Have a good day", he said, rubbing my hand.