Those Were

That night was pure torture. First, before I went to bed, there was beautiful piano music. I recognized the song. Which made it worse. It was a song he had tried to teach me.

I would try it, and he'd just die laughing. He was patient, but if I was honest, I couldn't care less about the song. I just wanted to be with him.

Then we'd end up messing around. We'd get into weird moods and we couldn't stop laughing. Those were the best times.

We were so in love, we didn't care about what anybody else thought or said. Sure, we were young, but nobody understood.

Then, after the music stopped, I was awake in agony.

Thoughts and memories came flooding in. Why did he have to ruin what was so perfect?

Eventually, I fell asleep. But sleep did me no good. I had awful dreams that woke me up every few hours.

I finally woke up in the morning. I was glad that night was over. Now, I just had the day to get through.

I looked around and groaned in frustration when I realized my clothes were all in my suitcases that got left in my car. All I was wearing was a long t shirt.

Just my luck. I reluctantly decided to go. I snuck down the stairs and outside. I rejoiced when I made it to my car unseen.

I grabbed my luggage and hurried back up. I was just about in the clear when the door next to mine opened.

And of course, it happened to be him. He glanced at me then looked down.

"Is that my shirt?" He asked, clearly amused.

I frowned and covered myself.

"What do you want?"I asked.

"Oh, nothing. It's just kinda hard to sleep with someone bouncing around this early in the morning", he said, crossing his arms.

Man, his morning voice was sexy.

"Well, I'm sorry your highness. But It's not my fault my clothes were left outside."

"Then who's is it? Your boyfriends?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Why am I talking to you?"

He chuckled. "And you haven't changed a bit".

"And you haven't changed a bit" I said, mocking him like a kid. I walked to my door and fumbled with my keys.

"Wow. Very mature", he said.

"You are sooooo one to talk", I said.

"Where are you going today?" He asked as I groaned in frustration with my door.

"Oh my gosh! Why are you so nosy? I'm going out to get breakfast! Happy?"

He smiled. "What? Why don't you have breakfast with me. I insist."

I looked at him. "Well, I don't care. Breakfast with you is the last thing I'd do."

"No. Probably getting into that apartment is", he said, smiling at me struggling with the key.

I ignored his comments and kept trying.

Eventually, I heard his footsteps coming close.

"Here. it might be easier to unlock if the key isn't upside down", he said. His hands touched mine and I pulled away immediately.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped.

He smiled, while turning the key over. "Relax, darling. I'm just trying to help."