Answer

Although I could be weak at times, mainly around Charlie, I was also stubborn and prideful. And I had emotions like any normal girl.

And what he said really got to me. So I had done what I should've. I pushed him out of my life. I ignored his constant calls and texts. Pretended he never existed.

I had gotten the job I wanted, which was a daycare. And I felt like I was the only employee. I was called in almost everyday that I wasn't scheduled. I guess they wanted it to be a full time job.

I got back from work and plopped my stuff down. I loved kids, but their energy could really wear you down.

I heard my phone buzz. I was expecting it was Charlie, but when I looked down, Peyton's name flashed across the screen.

Pey: Hey! Are you busy?

Me: no. Just got back from work. Why?

Pey: wanna hang out w/ a few of my friends and I?

Me: sure

Me: where and when?

Pey: five guys. 30 min

Me: sounds good. See ya Bæ!!!😘

Pey: luv ya!!!❤️❤️❤️

I sighed and sat down my phone. I really needed a little time off. I was always at work or at my apartment. It had been that way for three weeks- since our little fight.

I assumed Charlie was at work. Although he was a singer, it wasn't enough. He picked up a million shifts at a million different places. And I really didn't care where.

I got dressed and headed out. I walked into Five Guys and greeted Peyton.

I recognized one of the guys from the wedding, but the rest were unfamiliar.

One in particular caught my eye. He was tall, probably around 6'2". He had dirty blonde hair swept to the side and dazzling blue eyes. And plus, I could see his muscles. To summarize, he was 👌. Hot.

"This is Marshall", Peyton said, gesturing to the hottie.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand. "Nice to meet you, Joanna".

I nodded. No words could come out.

She introduced me to her other friends, but to be honest, I was uninterested.

And when they ordered food, I passed. I wasn't sure if the butterflies in my stomach crowded it or if I was full off of eye candy, but I wasn't hungry.

He sat down across from me. "So. Peyton says you're new here. How long have you been here?"

It took my a minute to process his words. "Oh! Ummm.... A few months."

He nodded. "How far?"

"Around five hours".

Oh dang. I'm awkward. It's been a while since I've been around a hot guy. Well, I guess it had only been three weeks. I tried to remember the first time I met Charlie. Was I this awkward?

"I'm sorry. I'm just so tired. Work has been crazy", I apologized.

"No worries. Where do you work?"

"At the daycare across the street from marathon."

"Wow. Only been here a few months and landed a job? You must be a good worker."

I blushed. "Well, I've had experience. I used to work at a smaller daycare back home".

He nodded. "Seems like you're doing well. When I first moved here, it took me almost half a year to find a half decent job."

"Did you move here alone?" I asked.

He nodded. "What about you? Did you know anyone before you moved here?"

"Well. Yes. Just my psychotic neighbor", I said, looking down.

He chuckled. It was deep yet soft. Marry me.

"Who, may I ask, is this psychotic neighbor?" He asked.

"His name is Charlie. He's a friend of a few people here."

His eyes widened. "Ah. I know him. Seems like a nice guy. How'd you guys meet?"

"Ehh. We just knew each other as kids. He lived just down the street".

I guess he could see it was a touchy subject for me, because he changed it.

We talked for hours. I guess I forgot to talk to Peyton or meet anyone else. I was so distracted.

He was just so amazing. Such a gentleman. I had never known one. And he was so interesting.

Afterwards, driving home, I got a text.

Pey: You really hit it off w/ Marshall. He is single, btw. Ripe for the picking

I waited until I arrived home to text her back as I walked into my apartment building.

Me: idk. I think he was just being polite. With me being new and all...

Pey: no way. I think he likes you. But aren't you dating Charlie?

I forgot. We were "dating". She probably thought I was a flirty backstabbing little brat.

Me: we ended

Pey: aww. I'm so sorry. I knew he liked you a lot:'(

Me: Idk. We are still working through things. I'll let you know. I gotta go take a nap. Byyyyeeeeee❤️❤️❤️❤️

Pey: bye love♥️

I put my phone down and entered my apartment. As soon as I closed the door, it opened again and I was against the wall.

"What the..... What are you doing?" I gasped.

Before I could read his thoughts, I was pushed harder into the wall and his lips were attacking mine.

"Charlie.... What... Are you.... Doing?" I asked between kisses. I was ashamed of myself for kissing him back.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean it", he said, kissing me again.

"But I told you to stay away..." I started.

"I know. And I tried. But I just can't. I can't do it any longer. I can't stay away from you", he breathed.

"Charlie, I...."

"These past three weeks have been like hell for me. Please forgive me..", he said.

He just held me there, desperately searching through my eyes, looking for an answer. It was weird. He had never been at my mercy before.

I was trying to figure out what I had done to deserve this affection from him.

"Oh. You're making this so hard to say no", I whined.

"Then don't", he said, roughly running his hands through my hair.

And then I fell for it again. Like anyone could resist that.

I grabbed him and kissed him just as desperately as he had.

"You don't know how good it feels to do that", he said.

"You did it before".

"But it doesn't count unless you kiss me back", he said.

He placed his hands on my hips. "God, you're so gorgeous".

And I let it go. I kissed him again and whispered," I love you".

He didn't answer.

Heyo! No, they're not dating. They finally just accepted the fact that they both have the same feelings for each other. And kaboom! Here comes Marshall. Do you guys like him? Love ya! Don't forget to vote and comment!