Dangerous

I explored my whole apartment. I felt so happy and free. Everything was perfect. I was going to be alone. I could finally breathe for two seconds.

I got stuck in a daze.

"Joanna".

"Joanna."

"Joanna!"

I snapped back in. "What?"

"Where do want these?"

I sighed. "I don't care. Just set them down anywhere".

He immediately dropped my things. I rolled my eyes. I went over to the window and opened the shutters. I had a beautiful view. And plus, I had a little balcony. But it was kinda ugly at the moment.

I gazed out the window. This little town that was called a city was like my dream.

"Okay. Now you can leave", I said to Keith.

His jaw dropped. "What? We literally just got here".

I put my hands on my hips. "No. No. No.

You said as soon as we got here, you'd rent a car back."

"But where am I supposed to do that?"

"Not my problem. Just take a taxi and figure out. I'm not driving you anywhere."

He frowned. "This isn't fair".

I smiled. "No, it's not."

"Fine. But I have the freedom to use the bathroom."

I rolled my eyes. He walked into the bathroom. I walked around the apartment again. It was so perfect. I just adored it.

I was so happy, I wasn't even confused when I heard the a knock on the door.

I quickly opened it.

For a second, he was looking down with his hands tucked into his pockets.

Then he looked up.

As soon as I saw two familiar sparkling emerald eyes, I think my heart skipped at least four beats.

I stopped breathing for a second. I had to look over his face a million times. At the scarred right eyebrow. At every little feature. I think I might even have let out a little yelp.

I didn't and wouldn't let myself believe it. No, it couldn't be. It just couldn't.

"Jo?" He asked in disbelief.

It was. It was him. My total happiness completely diminished.

I was totally speechless. I think he was a little tied up too.

"Uhhhh... Ummmm.. Charlie", I said, finally gathering the strength to say his name.

It was so weird to say his name. I hadn't used or heard it in three years and hoped never to again.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I wanted to say,"What are you doing here?"

But no words came out. We stood there, just awkwardly staring for who knows long.

"It's.... Uhhhh... Nice to see you again", he stuttered.

I gave him a look of disbelief. How could he say that? "Nice to see you again"?

Still playing the same stupid part.

"Well, I wish I could say the same, but I'm afraid I don't lie", I said, finding my voice.

He smirked. "You seem a little defensive."

I glared at him. "And why shouldn't I be?"

I hated that. Him smirking. He had this obnoxious, yet so attractive way of making me want to kill him.

I refused to change expression.

When he realized that, he awkwardly repositioned himself and cleared his throat.

"I..."

Before he finished, Keith came and put his arm around me.

"Who's this?" He asked.

I was opening my mouth to say something, when Charlie said,"Her new neighbor".

I turned to him with wide eyes and no words.

Neighbor? No! No, no, no. This was impossible.

He was the reason I left home at all. And out of the trillion places in the world, we end up being next door neighbors in a small city.

This was impossible.

He saw my look of disbelief. I quickly wiped it away.

"Yes, he's my new neighbor", I said, standing up straight.

I flashed an overly fake smile.

He returned it with an equally fake smile. We stood there glaring while smiling for probably way too long.

Keith interrupted us. "Sooo, what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking up at him. I smiled.

Keith gave me a look.

Charlie cleared his throat and pulled one of his hands out of his pocket.

He gestured to Keith. "Who's this?"

"Her boyfriend", Keith answered.

"This is Keith", I corrected," And he was just leaving."

"Excuse us for a second", Keith said, shutting the door. Charlie nodded with a strange expression on his face.

Keith turned to me. "I can't leave you with that psycho".

I smiled. "But you will".

"Come on, I can't compete. Just look at him."

I rolled my eyes. "First of all, there's no competition. Second, you don't have to worry about him. I'm sure nothing's gonna happen."

He laughed. "Yeah, right. I saw the way he looked at you".

He caught me off guard. "Wait. He... What? How did he look at me?" I asked.

"See! This is what I mean! I'm staying."

I shook my head. "In your dreams. You're leaving. Right now."

He tried to protest, but I thrust a hand over his mouth.

"Leave", I ordered.

He groaned and ripped my hand off. "Fine. But you better steer clear of that guy."

I nodded. "Thanks mom".

He frowned and swung the door open. He shoved past Charlie.

I went to the door.

Charlie sighed. "Listen..." He started.

"No", I said firmly, and slammed the door in his face. I ran to my mattress on the floor.

I collapsed in it. How could this happen to me? My life literally hated me.

I would never let him see it, but my wounds had never healed.

I would never let him see that I still cried over him. I would never let him know that he took away a big part of me.

But most of all, I would never let him know that I was weak. Because if he knew, things would get dangerous.

Hey! Hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

BookWorm8978 thanks for letting me know you like this story:) it means so much!!!

And I forgot to thank my homie g Mrs-CharliePuth for being the deciding vote!! Love you!!!