Epilogue

listen to the audio!! (long live - taylor swift)

Ivy

When Ashley died, I felt as if my world has crashed, crumbled, shattered. She was my only friend throughout high school. No, scratch that. She was my best and only friend in my entire life. She supported me when I was at my lowest. Now, she even risked my life to save me. Where can you find a friend like that?

I managed to get back up with the help of the pack. Girls came up to me to cheer me up, to comfort me. Cameron was especially supportive. I knew he was also at loss as he just lost his Luna, but he still managed to be the shoulder for me to lean on.

It took us awhile to get the fact that Ashley was gone through our brains. Blake, however, had the hardest time.

He wouldn't eat, sleep or even walk out of his room. He locked the door to his room, staying in until he was all rotten. Cameron had break in to get him out. I still remembered when he was was finally out of the room. He had unshaven stubbles on his chin, his clothes were still the same as when I last saw him. And he stunked like hell.

Blake finally thought through and decided that he couldn't go on like this. After much consideration, Blake finally knew what he wanted to do.

Blake decided to step down as Alpha and fulfill the promise he made to Ashley – to travel the world.

With the hesitant approval of the other members of the committee, they decided to let Blake step down. And as he did not have an offspring, Cameron was chosen to be the Alpha.

And who was there to fill Cameron's position? Ethan. Him being the fearless warrior that risked his life for his Luna, became the Beta.

I too became close with a few other pack members. All thanks to them, I made a few other close friends. They started to bring me out to the movies, treating me to dinner, picnic even! Getting me tickets to my favourite concerts. They soon became the friends I would cherish for life. But they will never be able to fill Ashley's spot in my heart.

Our pack also became one of the kindest ones. There was an incident of a rogue attack near our borders. Cameron decided to make the boldest move. He decided to accept them into the pack. Soon after, many rogues heard this news and decided to come to us for shelter. Or even to be accepted into the pack.

Back to the present time...

"Mommy! Asher pulled my hair again!" Ashlynn exclaimed as she ran into the kitchen.

Yes, I named my children in memory of my best friend, Ashley.

"Come on now. You guys are already three. Asher, be more mature alright?" I reprimanded.

"Okay, mommy... Sorry lynn..." Asher said whilst patting her head.

"I forgive you!" Ashlynn said with a toothy smile.

My heart instantly warmed at that moment.

"Ivy babe, are you ready to go now?" Cameron shouted from the living room.

"Yeah, just let me grab the flowers, postcards and letters." I responded as I ushered Asher and Ashlynn out of the kitchen and grab the bouquet of flowers and stacks of letters off the counter.

Ever since Blake started travelling, he has been sending back postcards and letters for Ashley. We would then put it at her grave whenever we receive it.

---

"Mommy, where are we going?" Asher asked as he held my hands.

"We're going to see mommy's best friend, Ashley." Cameron replied for me.

"Ashley...? Hey! We have similar names!" Ashlynn exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes, yes you do." I smiled at them.

We soon arrived at Ashley's tombstone.

I laid the flowers, postcards and letters down.

"Mommy, what happened to Aunty Ashley?" Asher asked in a small voice.

"She... She saved mommy's life. She died saving mommy..." I choked out.

Cameron placed Ashlynn on the ground and wrapped his arms around me. Soon after, I felt small arms wrapped around my thigh.

"It's okay mommy, don't cry mommy." Asher and Ashlynn both said.

I smiled against Cameron's shoulder as they said that.

---

Life isn't fair. It isn't fair to anyone. Life is like a bed filled with roses. It may seem nice and all, but it's also full of thorns. But whatever the case, always cherish the people you love. Cherish the neighbour that says hi to you every time you meet. Cherish the bullies who bullied you. Because life wouldn't be the same without these people. Because they shaped you into who you are. But most importantly, treasure the ones you love. You never know what will happen to them when you least expect it. And stop being such a pessimist; change that "I can't do it" to a "I know I can't but I am going to try". I would like to end this with a quote from Ed Sheeran, "Everything is going to be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

---

HELLO GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE but it's here now :')

sooo this is it. it has ended (well, technically it ended before but we changed it because the other ended was too... abrupt?) i hope you guys are satisfied with this...

& thank you so so much for the reads & the votes & the comments. we appreciate them all. THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH! xx

-sam