Twenty-One

NOT EDITED !!

Third Person Pov

Being the Beta, Eddy (Luke's Father) always felt that Aaron (Blake's Father), also known as the former Alpha, was too kind. Too lenient with punishments. Too benign.

Eddy always thought that an Alpha should be strict in executing the rules he made. Not bending them whenever and however they like.

Eddy felt that even his son could do so much better. So he did what he felt was right. He tried to inculcate into his son that he was meant to be Alpha, not Blake.

Luke never listened to his Father when he tried to convince him about taking on the role of an Alpha. He didn't even care about his future position as the Beta. He thought that as long as he could work side by side with Cameron and Blake, nothing else mattered. Even when he was a couple years older than Blake, he was not concerned about his position being lower than him. All he cared about was the friendship they had.

But that... That changed when Luke met his mate. He was whipped the moment he laid his eyes on her. He would buy her flowers on a daily basis, take her out for dinner and movies every Friday. No matter how late he stayed up to settle pack issues, he always made an effort to wake up way before sunrise. Just so he could make breakfast for her.

Leia (Luke's mate) was gorgeous. She had sun-kissed skin, wavy chestnut hair that falls perfectly on her waist, an hour glass figure and bright green eyes that sparkled whenever she smiled. She was simply irresistible and many unmated pack members were always trying to flirt with her. Luke tried hard to keep them away. But there were too many of them. One day, Luke, together with some fighters, had to go to a newly formed pack to train their warriors as they had requested for assistance. (A/N: Luke's Father stepped down earlier than Blake's Father.) So he asked his closest friends, Cameron and Blake, to keep an eye on his mate for him.

As he was driving back, after a long and tiring day, he heard Leia screaming for help through the mind-link. He tried mind-linking her back but it was too late.

He felt pain. Immense pain. It felt as if someone had thrown his body into the pits of hell. His heart started to ache, as though needles were pricking it constantly.

Luke knew exactly why he felt this. His mate was in danger.

He drove like a madman, weaving through the lanes. But by the time he reached, it was too late. They already had their time with her. All Luke saw when he returned was his mate curled up in a corner. Streaks of tears rolling down her face. Her top was tattered and her shorts was tossed way across the room.

He tried to comfort her. He held her close to his chest and whispered to her that everything would be okay. He even promised to take her anywhere he went and never to leave her alone again.

Luke blamed this on his best friends. He was so fed up and disappointed in them, he couldn't even listen to the pathetic excuse they were giving. They were suppose to protect her. But instead, they were too busy playing video games in the gaming room. He started to ignore them whenever they tried to make a conversation with him.

Leia was slowly starting to heal, or so her psychiatrist thought. Who are you kidding? Who would heal after such a traumatic experience? And so, Leia always had this scarred in her mind. She was dying inside but nobody could tell.

In addition, when the Alpha thought through it and came up with his decision, he gathered the pack members and said to them, "They are not to be blamed fully for this, they are too young to be faced with a death penalty. Therefore, I shall only ban them from entering our territory."

Leia was devastated when she heard this. She couldn't take it anymore.

One night, Luke decided he would bring her out for a breather and some homemade dinner. But he took her to the wrong place. He thought that by bringing her to their favourite place (a cliff a few miles away from the pack), the view would make her forget everything. He was so wrong.

Leia instead thought that the cliff was an ideal place for her to commit suicide. So when Luke was back at the car, taking the necessary things out for their dinner. She walked straight to the edge, turned around and said, "I'm sorry, Luke. You deserve so much better than me." Before she raised both her hands and leaned back, falling freely.

Luke was again one step too late. He sprinted to the edge of the cliff but only managed to catch the last glimpse of his mate.

He never knew he hated his best friends so much until her death. He wasn't going to forgive them for leaving Leia alone, but he never thought he'd hate his childhood best friends.

Luke was blinded by revenge. He wanted Cameron and Blake to pay. So he decided that he will do it by taking what's most precious to Blake, the Alpha position. When Blake finally took up the position as Alpha, Luke started planning his revenge. He wanted blood.

Luke

"Never thought I'd be back, huh?" I smirked.

"Well well well, who do I have here... Ah! Ivy, is it?" I taunted as I placed my left hand on her shoulder. Not forgetting the gun I held with my right, I placed it at her temple.

"Get your filthy hands off her." Cameron said with gritted teeth.

I raised my hand that was on her shoulder and surrendered, "Okay, okay."

"Why are you here Luke?" Blake asked.

I laughed menacingly before answering, "Why am I here? To get back what's mine. I was supposed to be Alpha. Not you. You useless piece of sh*t. Like Father like son huh?"

"So you're saying I should've killed your family and not ban you from my land?" Blake retorted. I could see how furious Blake is. I must say, he is doing a good job at keeping it down.

"You know exactly what I meant."

"You tried to kill me. I could have killed you right then and there. But I --" Blake stopped.

"You what? You took into account that we were childhood friends so you couldn't bear to pull a death penalty on me, is that it?"

Blake looked away.

"Why are you doing this? You knew right from the start that this place was not meant for you. Why did you even bother killing him? Even if he's dead, you would never be chosen to be the next Alpha." Cameron butt in.

"It should've been mine! MINE! Aaron being an Alpha is already a mistake. Those b*stards should have been dead! But what did he give them? A f*cking ban? They raped my mate and got away with a ban? The f*ck is wrong with him? And now he leaves the pack to his son to create more chaos. I mean other than your charming looks what else do you have? What else can you do? Are you able to lead well? Taking into account of your Father being the previous Alpha, I doubt so. He couldn't even lead his people well, he was too benign for his own good. The only thing Aaron has ever done as a punishment was to ban people. How is that supposed to teach the rest of his people to be disciplined? How is that --"

I was making the speech I practiced so many months when some guy interrupted me by trying to take a hold of my gun.

"What the--"

As I was struggling to get my grip back, I could see Ashley from the side of my eyes trying to free Ivy.

No way is she ruining this.

***
Hello!! ahh its sam here. Happy new year/new year eve!! So sorry for updating this so late... we broke our promise. :// Once again IM SO SORRY I was busy this whole week... but we'll try to finish this asap! What are your new year resolutions?

-Sam x