Twelve

Ivy

Just five minutes before six, I opened the door about to go find Cameron when I saw him standing outside my door, fist raised.

I raised my eyebrow as Cameron sheepishly put his hands down and answered, "I was just going to ask if you were ready."

"So impatient, are we?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah! Can't wait!"

"Well then, let's get going," I chuckled.

I had chosen a pair of skinny jeans with a loose comfortable graphic tee paired up with a pair of white converse. Cameron also dressed casually, with a pair of fitted jeans, black t-shirt and a pair of black vans.

Cameron practically skipped his way downstairs with me  chuckling behind him.

People in the pack house (yes, Cameron told me about it too.) were all staring at his strange behaviour. He couldn't help but shouted, "I'm going on a date!" Then I then covered his mouth frantically.

Well, maybe because it's my first time going on a date... I didn't want people to know that... I mean what if we didn't work out? Just imagine how awkward it would be.

When we reached the car, Cameron sweetly opened the door for me first, before going over to the driver's seat.

"So, where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

"Where?"

"Over the rainbow."

"Way up high," We both laughed.

"Hey, wait. Don't change the subject. Come on, just tell me." Well, I may have just whined a little bit. But I wasn't that much of a fan of surprises.

Cameron shook his head before replying, "Nope, still not saying."

I huffed and narrowed my eyes at him for a little while before looking out at the window.

We have been driving for awhile now and were soon on the expressway. The sun was beginning to set. And it was just so beautiful. With the ocean just below it, waves over waves over waves and forests along the sides of it. I just had to take a picture. I took my phone out of my purse, rolled the windows down, before snapping a picture, hoping it will turn out just the way I want it – perfect.

And it did, the picture was as sharp as ever with its natural filters, making it an even better picture. I smiled before rolling up the windows.

"What did you do?" Cameron asked.

"Just snapped a picture of the sunset, it was beautiful."

Cameron smirked before answering, "So are you"

"Thought you'd say that, but thanks." I rolled my eyes before smiling.

---

We arrived at green grass land with a small stage at the front. There are actually lots of people gathered here too; lots of families. The green land was soon filled up with colourful picnic mats.

Cameron took out a picnic basket and a cloth and laid them down on the grass.

"Come on, Ivy. Take a seat."

I nodded as I took my place opposite him.

He then started taking out a variety of food; cheese and biscuit, bentos, juices, and even yoghurt!