Sixteen

Ivy

My heart skipped a beat as I gasped in shock. My throat felt dry and scratchy. I felt like everything was closing up on me. I blinked a few times to see if it was really it. And it was... It was Timmy. Timmy, my favourite teddy bear I had owned when I was younger. But I lost it one day. When I arrived home that day after school, I couldn't see it perched beside my window pane. The usual place where I would leave it before going to school.

And I could never seem to find it no matter where I looked. I searched every nook and cranny. But it was nowhere to be found. I had cried for days, when I realised my favourite teddy bear was gone. I had a huge collection of soft toys, but I could never bear with any of it gone... Especially this one.

Flashback

"Hey, it's alright... Mom and Dad can buy you another soft toy right?" Isabella said while patting my back softly.

"It's – it's not! It'll never be the same again!" I whimpered.

"It's not going to smell the same again," I whispered.

Isabella must have heard me because she chuckled whilst shaking her head.

"I'll find it for you, okay?"

I nodded.

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now stop crying, alright?"

I nodded once again as I leaned onto Isabella.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

But she never did find it. She left before it was found. So how the hell did it get here?

It was brown and small in size, but its head was half ripped off, and in it was blood stained stuffing. Insects and all sorts of bugs were crawling out from the half ripped bear. It smelled like a dead corpse. I cringed.

Ashley quickly grabbed the box from me threw it on the floor. "Stay here while I call Cameron and Blake." She told me, then ran towards the beach.

I nodded numbly. I walked to a tree nearby and slumped against it. As more and more bugs were crawling out, I saw something inside. It was glistening as sunlight shone on it. Curiosity got a hold of me as I stood up and walked towards the box, again.

By the time I was there, the teddy bear was already empty, only the blood stained stuffing was in it. I walked closer and saw that it was a butterfly shaped necklace. I gasped once again, it was the necklace I would wear all the time. But I would remove it before heading to school, just in case someone tries to take it. I would place it onto Timmy before heading to school. How did it get here?

Soon I heard footsteps coming my way. I immediately hid the necklace in my pocket. I was gripped tightly by the shoulder as soon as I turned around.

"You alright? Are you okay?" Cam asked me as his eyes held concern.

"I'm okay. I was just surprised, that's all." I replied him.

Cam placed a small kiss on my forehead, as though saying, I'm glad you're alright. He then wrapped his arms around me as we turned to face Blake who was currently circling around the teddy bear, analysing it before picking it up and sniffing it.

"It's deer blood. Nothing to be worried about."

"Nothing to be worried about?! This thing was in the middle of a forest, close to where we had been. And that bear you were holding belongs to Ivy."

How did he know that? Oh, right. I told him about that before. Can't stop my crazy loving for soft toys.

"Someone must be after her... I say, we tighten our security. More shifts around the borders. And anything or anyone suspicious is to be reported."

Blake's eyes furrowed before answering hotly, "you don't need to tell me what to do. Remember, I'm the Alpha here. I know you care about Ivy because she's your mate. But remember where you stand."

Cameron's arm tighten around my waist. He doesn't like to be told off. I interlaced my hand with his and gave him a squeeze.

Cameron bowed to Blake. "Sorry, Alpha."

Blake nodded stiffly. "Let's head back."

---

Those notes... Now my teddy bear? Someone is after me... But who? And most importantly, why? Wait– Could it... Could it be my parents?

I took out the necklace from my pocket. It was two butterflies connected by their wings; each wing was bedazzled with crystals outlined with sliver. It was simple but significant. Dad has bought this for me, to represent Isabella and I. To represent that we were always one.

I sighed as I placed the necklace into a drawer near my bed.

Knock knock

"Ivy... You alright? Wanna come to my room for a movie?" Cameron asked.

"Sure, just let me change first."

I changed into a pair of comfortable sweatpants and a loose t-shirt but left my hair down before opening the door.

"Let's go." I said as we both head to Cameron's room.

Cameron set up his movie player, he had a huge flat screen tv in his room, ugh, the perks of being a Beta.

"21 jump street?" He held up the DVD.

"Yeah sure." I replied as I snuggled up in his bed, trying to find a comfortable spot.

Cameron turned off the lights then started the movie. He crawled onto the bed. Our backs against the headrest as Cameron held my waist.

"I can tell you're still thinking about it, you know. Is there something wrong?"

Should I tell him? But I don't want to burden him with this. He's already busy with Beta duties.

"You can tell me anything... I'm here for you. Always."

"I-I don't think I can..."

Cameron looked a little bit hurt and angry, but nodded and didn't probe anymore.

"It's alright, I understand... I guess."

He turned to watch the movie but I could tell he wasn't paying attention.

I sighed before turning to face him. I pulled his chin down to look at me.

"Someone... Sent me notes... Saying things like 'I'm coming for you', or 'watch out.' And now? Someone even attached my necklace on the –"

"Someone what?!" Cameron cut me off as he growled.

"How long was this? Why didn't you tell me anything?! Do you what could have happened to you? What if we were too late and they've already gotten you?"

"I– I thought it was just a prank so– so I didn't think much... It happened a few weeks ago."

"What else did they do?"

"Nothing else... Just this..."

"You are to stay in the house all day. After school, no matter what, get someone to pick you up. Anything suspicious, please, tell me. I don't want anything to happen to you. Understand?" He said, cupping my cheek, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Good. Now let's continue with the movie."

I nodded then snuggled against him, resting my head against his chest.

***

Short chapter:'( & we'll be updating every week instead of twice a week. &&& I'm going overseas in a couple of days, YES. What about you guys? Going anywhere during this holiday?? MERRY CHRISTMAS IN ADVANCE !!

-sam

Thank you so much for reading!

Comment / Vote !