Eighteen

Ivy

It was soon night time. Ashley, Blake, Marisa and I were so engrossed in the game, we didn't hear all the shouting and commotion that was going on outside.

Blake must have been mind-linked because his face went from playful to serious in just a few seconds.

"Stay here,  alright?" He commanded.

"What– what's happening?" Ashley asked.

He didn't bother answering her. He stood up and went straight to the door. I walked towards the windows to look at the front yard. I couldn't help but gasp at the sight. Our pack's warriors were fighting against brown, rough-looking wolves. Rogues. I remembered Cameron telling me about how ruthless they were. Where's Cam? I immediately ran towards Blake.

But just as Blake was about to open the door, it burst open and Cameron rushed in and closed the door hurriedly.

"Rogues." He panted as he wiped the sweat rolling off his forehead. "The rogues attacked. They somehow managed to get through the guards patrolling around the borders." Cameron turns to me. "It isn't safe here. I need you to leave, Ivy. Ashley and Marisa please assist Ivy to the emergency pack house. Ashley, you know where it is. Please take care of Ivy... She... Cannot shift."

We were all gobsmacked, however, Ashley managed to remain calm and nodded.

"Be careful, okay? I love you." Ashley walked to Blake and placed a soft kiss on his cheeks.

"Love you too. And, I will. You too alright?" Blake replied.

Ashley nodded.

I opened my mouth to protest but Cameron beat me to it.

"No, Ivy you will not be following us. Just take care. Please?"

"But I told you that I would–"

"No Ivy. No means no. I cannot put you in danger. Please."

I swallowed that lump forming in my throat and nodded slowly.

"Okay. Be careful."

Cameron nodded.

He quickly ushered us to the back door, whilst Blake stood guard at the front door. We had direct access to the woods from the back door. Surprisingly, there were no rogues here to be seen. 

We immediately ran into the woods. As it was night time, it was almost pitch black. But due to the full moon today, we could still see some parts of the well paved road.

Ashley was cautious as she led us through. Due to her werewolf vision and hearing, she was able to sense if there were rouges around. We have already walked quite a distance from the house. But I could still see our warriors fighting against the rouges.

Please take care, Cam. I need you.

We were walking with Ashley in the front and Marisa beside me. Marisa suddenly raised her right hand and twirled it towards Ashley a few times.

Ashley fell to the ground the next moment.

"Wh-what did you do?" I questioned.

Marisa laughed loudly as she stared at Ashley's limp body and said, "cast a little spell on her. It's alright. She'll wake up tomorrow morning. But you, will be following me."

I backed away slowly hoping she wouldn't notice. But what was I thinking? She's a witch. I will obviously not be able to outrun her.

"If you're thinking about running, which you obviously would. Then stop it. You won't be getting anywhere." She said as she turned to face me.

As I lifted my legs, just seconds away from running, I felt dizzy as ever, and my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier with every passing second. My legs were getting numb and it soon gave way. I plopped straight onto the ground. So sleepy. Yawn. Before I went into deep sleep.

Ashley

It's tickling me. What is it. It's everywhere. All over my arm, my legs, and even my face! Must be one of Blake's tricks again.

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I regained consciousness. As soon as my vision was clear, I jumped straight upright trying to get rid of all the ants crawling on me. I squinted as I looked around my surroundings.

Where am I why am I – I gasped. Ivy! Where is Ivy?! Is she okay? Where'd she go?! And Marisa?!

"Ashley!" A loud voice boomed from behind me.

I turned around to see Cameron and a fuming Blake walking towards me.

"Where have you been? Why were you not at the emergency house? What are you doing here? Why didn't you respond to me when I was mind-linking you?" Before he could say another word, I lifted my right palm to his face.

"I'm fine. But... I don't know where Ivy is! I was out front leading them, trying to spot for any rouges. When... When I-I don't know. I was walking fine then I just lost consciousness and-"

"You mean Ivy is gone?" Cameron interrupted, trying to keep his wolf from taking over. 

"I-I couldn't see her in the morning. I-I don't know."

"I put her in your trust." Cameron said through gritted teeth.

I shrink back in fear as my hands started to shake.

"I'm worried too but I honestly do not know what had happened. I'm sorr–"

"Stop it." Blake came over and wrapped his big warm hands around mine. "She doesn't know. So stop. Asking. Her." He commanded.

Cameron did not want to submit as I could tell he was still in doubt, but he had to. He bowed his head and apologised.

"We will find her. But before we do, please try to keep your cool. And don't make me repeat this again, do not disrespect my mate." Blake said.

We soon headed back to the pack house to look at the damage done. I could feel tears seeping out. It was horrible. Houses were all torn apart. Debris everywhere. People were gathering at a corner with their arms wrapped around one another. Carrying nothing but holding their children safely in their arms. With guards pacifying them, telling them that it'd be okay. But it truly wasn't.

Blake made their way to them and I could tell they were getting calmer at the sight of their Alpha.

"Everything will be alright. You will all move to the emergency pack house for the moment. We will try our best to salvage this place."

Blake turned to Cameron, "and I promise. We will find Ivy."

Cameron could only nod grimly.

***

Hellooo guys; slowww updates now bc school has started!! & we're trying our best to keep up. So please do understand. & one by ed sheeran ^ bc I'm super obsessed with the song rn.

- sam