F O U R

" What ride should we go on first?", Chris asked as he excitedly walked through the entrance way to the fair. Dan scratched the back of his neck. He wasn't really fond of rides and he sort of just came for the games and maybe the horror ride. " What do you think Dan?", Chris asked turning to Dan.

"I, I don't really like rides they kinda scare me", Dan said looking down as he walked.
" Are you really not going to go on any of them?", Louise asked. Dan thought for a moment. Maybe if he only went on the horror ride they'd be fine with that. " Um, I could go on the horror ride..?", Pj looked over at the slightly worried Dan. " You don't have to do anything you don't want to, Dan", the curly haired boy said. Good, Dan thought.

He slowly nodded his head and the four continued to walk. " Do any of you wanna go on the Tornado?", Chris asked pointing to a odd looking ride. " Sure", Lou said and shrugged her shoulders. " I'll stay with Dan", Pj said and smiled at Dan. " No, you go. I'll wait at that bench over there, yeah?", Dan said gesturing to a bench a few meters away.

The three went off and Dan sat alone. It was around one thirty and Dan started to become hungry. He looked around him and saw the hundreds of other people sitting at other benches and tables, almost all of them with food in their hands.

Dans stomach growled and he quickly looked away from the people.

" Excuse me?", a unfamiliar voice said causing Dan to jump slightly. He looked up to see a boy whom looked about Dans age. The boy had a black fringe similar to Dans but his was parted on the opposite side. He wore a dark blue shirt and some black skinny jeans. The boy had tattoos all down one arm and a few piercings on his face. He looked like someone who your parents would tell you not to talk to as a child.

" Um is this seat taken?", the boy said pointing to the empty spot beside Dan, " All of the other seats are full, and I'd really like to finish my lunch before my breaks over".

The boy was quite handsome actually. His bright blue eyes that contrasted with his night sky hair perfectly. Dan would even say he was pretty cute. " It's not taken, go ahead", the brown haired boy replied and smiled. The other boy blushed slightly and took a seat next to Dan.

They sat in silence for a moment until they boy pulled out a crumpled paper bag out of his backpack he was carrying.

He ate and Dan stole glances at him from time to time.

Ding

Dans phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out.

Glitter💕: Hey we are gonna go on a few more rides and then we will be back ok?

Dan✨: Okay, take your time.

Dan sighed aloud and put his phone away.
" You ok?", they boy sitting next to him asked. They looked each other in the eyes for a moment and then Dan looked away. " Yeah I guess", Dan started, " My friends kinda dragged me here and I don't really like rides so now I'm sort of just sitting here while they are going on them".

The other boy smiled, " I don't like rides either. I only got a job here to get some pocket change". Dan looked at the boy again who's eyes were still glued onto the brown haired boy.

"I-I'm Dan".

" Nice to meet you Dan. I'm Phil".

•Phil•

My day was going horribly. I just wanted to go home more than anything. My break had just started and I went off to find a place to sit. Every single seat was taken. Every single one. God damn it. I walked through the crowd of tables and benches and people until I saw a spot open. The was someone sitting on the bench but no one was beside them.

I asked if I could sit next to him and he said yes. He was beautiful. He wore a bright yellow jumper, black skinny jeans, and white converse. Sat on to of his gorgeous brown hair was a green flower crown. He was absolutely stunning. But why would a guy like that ever be interested in a guy like me?

He told me his friends left him alone.

Dan. His name is Dan. That's a beautiful name. It suits him. Oh god I better not make a fool of myself.

•3rd person•

The two boys talked and talked. They learned different things about one another. Such as, the fact that Phil was older than Dan. And they learned each other's favourite colours, animals, movies, bands. They had so much in common it was scary. But the best thing they learned about each other was that they went to the same high school! They had been going to the same school and never once seen each other! They were both extremely shocked. They were happy.

And happiness ends. " Dan!", someone called. Dan and Phil looked in the direction in which the voice had come from. It was Chris. He was gesturing for Dan to come. " One of your friends?", Phil asked looking to Dan and then Chris, Pj, and Louise. " Yeah. I've got to go. Oh wait should we... um... exchange numbers or something..? You seem cool, I mean I'd like to hangout sometime", Dan said and blushed. Phil smiled the widest smile. It was great.

•Time skip•

Dan lay in his bed thinking about his earlier encounter. Phil seemed really cool. And cute. Shit. Dan began to type.

Dan✨: Hey! It's Dan

Phil smiled at the text and quickly sent a reply.

Phil🦁: Why hello there Daniel what a fine evening it is

Dan laughed at his silly response.

Dan✨: Indeed Philip. The stars shine so bright tonight

Phil🦁: Wow we are such nerds😂

Dan✨: Yep😂

The boys were both laughing to themselves.

They talked for hours after that. Nonstop until Phil had to go because his mum could hear him laughing and he got in trouble.

Dan and Phil could both tell they would be really good friends.