O N E

Dan walked through the oh so familiar halls of his high school. The white walls and the ugly blue tiled floors to go along with the rusty metal doors. He speed walked in the almost empty hallway towards the cafeteria.

Dan slowly opened the door to the large room and was hit with a wave of heat. He rolled up the sleeves to his bight blue jumper and walked in unnoticed. He saw a young girl with blonde hair and two boys with brown hair sitting at a table in the corner of the room. The boy walked over to them and sat next to the blonde haired girl.

Her name was Louise. She was a energetic happy girl whom was quite outgoing. Her blonde hair was dyed a bright pink at the ends which Dan was particularly fond of.

Pink wasn't the boys favourite colour is was actually pastel yellow, but because Dan wore a lot of pink people assumed it was his favourite.

People assumed a lot of things about Dan actually. They assumed he was a good student for some reason. They assumed his personality based on how he dressed. They assumed his sexuality was that he was gay.

He wasn't gay though. Dan was unsure what his sexuality was, but he didn't really want to put a label on whatever it was. Dan sort of just fell in love whoever he fell in love with. Whether that was female or male or anything.

"Daniel James Howell where have you been?", Louise said in a stern voice. She often acted like she was his mom or something but he didn't really mind. He actually found it quite amusing.

"I was only five minutes late, Louise. My locker wouldn't open", Dan replied. Dan looked away from the motherly figure and stared at the two boys sitting across from them. They were looking down at their phones texting.

The boys names were Pj and Chris. They had known each other since Kindergarten and were hardly ever apart. PJ had slightly curly hair and Chis had straight hair.

Their hair draped over their faces as they looked down at their phones. " Could you guys stop having your own secret conversation and talk", Dan said poking the top of their heads. They both looked up Chris having a small smile and Pj having a hint of a blush.

In the fours small group they only texted each other, so if they weren't texting Louise or Dan, they were texting each other.

Chris cleared his throat and began to say something, "So I-", just then the bell rang and a flood of students exited the doors. The four slowly got up letting all of their peers go in front of them before exiting the doors themselves.

Dan and Louise had their next class together so they parted from Pj and Chris and went towards their class.

As they walked the two talked about various things but their conversation was interrupted but someone bumping into Louise. It was a tall boy about almost a foot taller than me and Dan was pretty tall. He wore all black and just continued to walk. Dan had never seen him before.

•••
Class went on as it usually did, long and very boring. The teacher, Mrs. Kingsley never stayed on the topic they were supposed to be studying and always ended up talking about a random even that happened in her life.

Once the day was over Dan walked home and plopped down on his bed. He let out a loud sigh and grabbed his laptop of his side table. He began to scroll into the depths of Tumblr as he did every night.