Chapter Forty Four (FINAL CHAPTER)

----------------------

Dedication: Dysanic for the amaaaazing cover!

Recap:

Faith,

I'm sorry I couldn't get the school to let you go to the formal. So, I'm bringing the formal to you.

After you put the dress on and are ready, card two is in the bathroom.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Love always,

Xavier.

The tears I had been holding it burst from my eyes and fall down my cheeks.

He was so sweet. I had no idea he was doing any of this.

Looks like I was wearing the dress of my dreams, too.

---------------------

After crying like a baby, for longer than I care to admit, I rushed into the bathroom to shower.

With excited, jittery butterflies, which I haven't felt in some time, dancing around inside my stomach, I quickly did my hair and makeup. I wandered back out to my bed and stared down at the red dress that laid in front of me.

It was truly captivating.

Xavier has continued to amaze me. For someone I deemed as careless, arrogant and narcissistic when I first met him, he has proven, time and time again how compassionate, caring and thoughtful he truly is.

He's amazing and I am so lucky to have found someone like him, to share my life with.

Carefully sliding the dress over my body, I held my breath the material fell down to the floor. I glanced down, biting my lip, gazing at the shiny, dress that now wrapped my body. It was a classic, low neck dress that cut a little lower than something I usually would wear (trust Xavier to pick a dress that shows off my cleavage). It gathered at my waist, enunciating my petite figure, before flowing to the floor.

Beside the dress, was a pair of silver stilettos. Maybe, I would reach above Xavier's shoulders now.

The shoes slid on and fit my feet perfectly. I grabbed the silver clutch that was also placed there and let my fingers run over the glitter.

I felt like I had been withdrawn from my life and transported into a dream. This was like a fairy tale.

I walked, a little wobbly at first, into my bathroom. I flicked the light on and stared at my reflection.

The stilettos made me look much taller. My hair was curled and cascaded down my shoulders. The red of the dress matched the vibrancy of my hair perfectly. It was as though this dress was made for me. It honestly couldn't fit better.

Slowly, I edged toward the outside of the shower cubicle and plucked the next clue from the glass pane.

Faith,

You look amazing. I don't need to have my eyes on you, to know that.

Go out the front.

See you soon,

Xavier.

My stomach felt giddy as my eyes wandered over his cursive writing. I let out a little squeal, before grabbing my last-minute essentials. I took my time down the stairs, careful not to fall head over heels. That would be an embarrassing end to the night.