6

Connie awakes to feel Cherry's arms around her. She turns over and sees it's almost noon and an alarm goes off in her head. She shoots up in bed causing Cherry's arm to fly back waking her up.

"W-what's wrong?" She sits up just as quickly looking at Connie in worry.

Connie points to the clock and Cherry raises her eyebrow confused. "It's noon, and?"

Connie has never woken up this late, let alone falling asleep after her nightmares. She shakes her head and gets up from her bed and slips over her sweatshirt realizing it's Cherry's.

"Keep it," Cherry holds up her hand as Connie pulls at the sleeves to take it off.

Connie drops down on the bed and looks up at Cherry. The sun beams through the open window making Cherry's hair shine and Connie goes to to close it. She can't take Cherry's beauty, especially when her mind races wondering where her mother might be, and if she saw them in her bed.

"Are you going to tell me why you're so jittery?" Cherry asks getting up.

Connie sighs before moving her fingers once more, but a bit slower since she just woke up.

I've never slept in this late.

"O-kay," Cherry says still not understanding. "That should be a good thing, no?"

Connie shrugs and opens the door to her room, heading downstairs. Still confused, Cherry hops out of bed and tries to catch up to Connie. Connie looks around the house for her mom, but doesn't see her any where. A yellow posted note catches her eye, and she picks up from the small table.

Sorry I had to go run some errands, and I didn't want to wake you since you looked so comfortable. Finally you slept in late! I'll see you later on today honey
-love mom

Connie holds up the note to Cherry so she could read, and Cherry nods in response.

"What's keeping you up?"

Nightmares Connie replies.

"I think we make good sleeping buddies."

Connie raises an eyebrow wondering why Cherry says that.

"Because," Cherry begins as she sits down at the table, "I have insomnia and last night I actually got a good nights sleep. So maybe you keep my insomnia away like I keep your nightmares away."

Connie remembers Cherry up late last night like her, and figures that makes since. She also feels her heart jump a bit knowing Cherry is comfortable sharing that with her. So Connie smiles in return and moves her fingers asking what she wanted for breakfast.

"We could go out," Cherry states.

If you are worried you will eat all my food...

"That and," Cherry chuckles lightly, "I wanna take you on a date. So what's more fun than a breakfast date?"

Connie beams loving the thought of going out with Cherry and nods her head.

"Come on, I'll drive."

I have to get dressed first.

"You are dressed. It's a breakfast date so you can come in your pajamas."

I do not- Connie begins but gets cut off.

"Connie, trust me, you'll want to wear pajamas."

Connie decides to trust her as she sees how serious Cherry is about not putting anything else on other than her pajamas, and they get in the car. The ride is silent other than the music from the radio blasting through the speakers, and they listen in comfortable silence. Both girls wish to sing since they like the songs, but Connie can't and Cherry doesn't want Connie to feel left out and upset. So they just listen, and Connie glances at Cherry's hand taping on her thigh debating to hold it or not.