"It's not for everyone," He shrugs and puts an elbow up onto the window, propping his head up on his fist. "If it's what you do from the start, then it's not difficult." He tells me.

We drive for a bit longer, then stop at a gas station to fill the tank and get something to eat. Grayson tells me that we are very close. We wind through quiet back roads up in the mountains then emerge into farm lands. Fields stretch across the land to meet the mountains on the far side.

We stay straight until turning onto a gravel driveway that leads up to a large and fancy farm house. The landscaping is clean, very pleasing to look at. The house is nothing less, or more, than what I had expected. A personal safe house is bound to be nice.

Grayson pulls up into the wrap around driveway and parks the car at the very front of the house. The engine cuts and he keeps the keys in his hand. We both examine the house, silently. He then turns to look at me, dropping his glasses into a cup holder. "These guys are much different than De Luca. They just want to ask us a few questions." He tells me, his eyes waiting for me to give him some form of assurance.

I nod. "Okay." My eyes glance slowly to each of his irises.

He gives me a nod and opens his door, using the top to help him up. I get out and look up at the house. As I walk to the door, I notice Grayson falling behind, so I wait for him. Watching him now, I notice that his limp has returned.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, ready to offer my help. He stands up a bit straighter and loosens his grip on his leg.

"Just a little sore." He shrugs. Feeling bad for him, I put a hand to his back when we walk up the stairs. When my hand presses against his back he flinches, but then accepts the support.

Grayson knocks three times on the door and waits. The door opens a peak to reveal a youthful face. Expecting the person to be at eye level, my brows raise when I have to look down at her.

The door opens completely and the young girl smiles up at Grayson. "Hi Grayson," Her face is sweet, but her eyes hold an eerie wisdom. "I missed you." She walks out of the door and wraps her arms around Grayson. He bends down to hug her back.

"I missed you too, it's been too long," He brings himself upright and ruffles her hair, to this she responds with a harmless glare and a laugh. "Where's Pop?" He asks.

"He's upstairs, waiting." She says, playing with the end of her skirt. Her eyes move to me. She takes in my face, and gives me a smile. "I'm Lila." She sticks out her small hand proudly. I take it and let her shake my hand.

"I'm Aria." I say, letting her hand go.

Grayson gently sets her down. Her turns to me with a smile. "You are nicer than Grayson last girlfriend." She says, unaware of how offensive her words could be to Grayson. My eyes go wide and I shake my head.

"Oh- um, Grayson is just a friend," I smile, looking to Grayson for help. His face has become a bit more stern.

"Don't be silly, Lucy." Grayson says, his grin is smaller when he looks at her now. "May we come in?" He asks.

She steps out of the way and opens her arm into the house. Grayson leads, glancing over his shoulder to make sure I am following closely. I side the door is a beautiful foyer, a wrap around staircase ahead.

The front door closes behind us with a lock, Lucy then follows us at a distance. My confusion with her presence tightens my brow.

"Why were we escorted in by a child?" I whisper to Grayson.

"Whose going to shoot a child? A grown man is a different story. It is a stall tactic, if there is a threat at the door, Lucy keeps them busy until the gunmen can eliminate them." He tells me, whispering as I did.

"Isn't that putting a child in danger?" My eyes are wide, the men that came up with that idea are the ones that will set out a plan for Grayson and I? I suddenly feel uneasy about the situation.

"It's a calculated risk." Grayson leads the way up the right ride of the stairway and down the first hallway.

Gunmen guard a door not far ahead. Their heads remain perfectly still, but their eyes track us as we walk to the door. Grayson doesn't say anything, he just looks at me, staring into my eyes. His eyes are wider then usual, bright with caution.

Grayson knocks, his eyes now on the door knob, his fingers hovering over it. "Come in," I hear a masculine voice call out. Grayson grabs the handle and pushes the door open.

A conference room is laid out in front of us. A long table of chairs sits in the middle of the pristine white room. Each chair holds an older man with a menacing face. The man at the head of the table eyes me over his clasped hands, his brows held high. A snowy beard covers his chin, the same color as the walls and his under shirt. Nodding his head to Grayson, he offers him a smile, but his eyes narrow when they meet my face.

"Aria." He starts, slowly standing from his chair. His hands flatten against one another and he gives me half a bow. "It's about time I meet De Luca's star pupil." My stomach churns a bit at the sight of his face, wrinkled into a smirk. "Please come take a seat." He opens his arms to the table. I take the first seat I can get my hands on, and to my luck Grayson settles into the spot beside me.

"Now tell me, dear," He sits with a groan. "Do you have any recollection of your father? Anything at all?" He asks, watching me through a haunting gaze.

"I was very young when he died, I don't remember much, but I've heard enough stories to paint a valid picture." I bite down on the tip of my tongue, a way to calm my anxiety.

"Wonderful," He claps once and smiles at me. "Mason, if you would." He looks directly behind me. My brows furrows and I glance over my shoulder. A large man that I had not seen standing behind me locks my head into elbow and squeezes tightly. I gasp, out of shock and lack of air, and begin to fight against it. I throw punches into the air behind me and kick at the table, throwing it forcefully into the men sitting opposite to me.

Searching for his face, I dig my thumb into his eye, earning a shout. My eyes lock with Grayson's and the pain of his betrayal out weighs the pounding of my head. The last thing I see is his dark eyes before my visions blurs.