7 | visit

Carlisle had invited Sofia and Maya to spent the following weekend with the rest of the family

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Carlisle had invited Sofia and Maya to spent the following weekend with the rest of the family. They both accepted the invitation as both Sofia and Carlisle had been busy with work and rarely got to spend any time together and Maya had missed the children as they were all like siblings to her, especially Emmett and Jasper. Maya adored both the boys and they adored her too. She was definitely closest to Rosalie but Emmett and Jasper seemed to get her the most and loved spending time with them. They were the brothers she never asked for but the best friends that she always wanted. The Cullen's were not second family but rather the only family Sofia and Maya could ask for. Carlisle had also mentioned to them that Edward would be visiting.

Friday afternoon when Sofia had finished for the day, she was packing away her stuff when Maya came running into the classroom. Sofia chuckled at her daughters excitement, "I see someone is excited."

Maya grinned, "Of course I am. I'm spending the weekend with my dad and the rest of my siblings. I've already finished all my homework. This weekend I'm going to have all the fun I can." Sofia knew that Maya really needed a weekend off to do what she wanted. She was in her last year before college (she's 16 and in England you go to college before going to university for two years.)

"Let me just get my things and we can leave." Maya helped Sofia pack up the last of her things before making their way to the parking lot. They had already packed their bags for the weekend so they didn't have to worry about getting anything. Rosalie had also informed Sofia that she had done the grocery shopping for her and Maya.

When they pulled up to the house, Maya literally ran inside. Sofia laughed as she picked up their bags. Carlisle walked outside, pecking her lips.

"Hello, love. Let me help you with that."

Sofia grinned, "Hello to you too. Thank you, I really appreciate it." Carlisle helped her bring the bags in before greeting the rest of the family.

Maya spent the afternoon playing games with Emmett and Jasper before Alice decided to have a fashion show. Sofia was happy that Maya was breaking out of her shell and making friend. Sofia spent the afternoon grading papers while talking to Carlisle. Despite them both being busy, they both loved being in each other's presence.

"Dinner's ready," Rosalie tells the pair. They both made their way to the kitchen, where Maya was already eating her dinner that she had made with Rosalie.

"Edward," Alice spoke surprised. Sofia and Maya turn in the direction of the handsome stranger in confusion. Carlisle had told them both about Edward but neither had expected him to visit and from the looks of it, nor did the rest of the family.

Carlisle gets up from next to Sofia, "Edward, son. What are you doing here? I thought you wanted space to clear your head?" No one could understand why Edward decided to visit.

He sighed, "I just wanted to see how you were all doing. I've been away long enough and I needed a change of scenery. Who are they?" Sofia could feel the anger slowly building up in him as her looked at her and Maya. She couldn't understand why though.

Carlisle grinned, "This is Sofia, my mate and her daughter Maya."

"Why would you bring more humans into our lives, especially after everything that has happened. I didn't think you of all people would be so careless." Sofia could feel the anger towards her and Maya but more than that, she could feel him hurting and she didn't understand.

Carlisle frowned at his youngest son, "Sofia is my mate, I chose to bring her and her daughter into our life. Besides, they aren't fully human. Just because you left Bella to give her normal life doesn't mean I can't be with my mate. I love her and Maya and they are both part of this family." She could feel Maya make her way towards her side and grabbed her hand.

"Don't bring her up. What about Esme? Did you forget about her already?" Edward had always hated that all his family members had found their mates and now that Carlisle had found his after everything that had happened with Esme, made the ache in his heart harder for him to ignore.

Carlisle tried to remain calm for the sake of his mate and family, "Whatever happened between Esme and I happened a long time ago and Sofia knows that. She's my mate and I love her. You don't get to make me feel bad about finding my other half. I'm happy, shouldn't that be enough for you?" Edward continued to glare at the pair before making his way upstairs.

Carlisle turned to face his mate, "I'm sorry. He's not usually like this. I'm surprised that he reacted the way that he did. I'm so disappointed in him. He was completely disrespectful to both you and Maya." He moved to look at the younger girl, "I'm sorry, Maya. For Edward's behaviour. It wasn't right."

Maya smiles softly, "It's okay, dad." She gave her mother a peck on the cheek before walking over to the dining table to finish her dinner.

Sofia places her hand on his cheek, "Nothing to worry about. As you said, this isn't usually him. He's just going through some things and will come around eventually. Don't worry about it. He'll come to his senses soon enough." Sofia didn't want to create tension in the family as she loved them all and didn't want it feel like she was tearing them apart in any way. She worried that Edwards anger towards her and Maya would result in him doing something he might regret in the end.

Sofia pulled her phone out of her pocket when she felt it vibrate. She had gotten a message from an unknown number and she froze once she read the message:

I hope you missed me, love
Soon you'll be mine again
- S