10 | return

A couple of days had passed without any threats

A couple of days had passed without any threats. However, Sofia was still worried. She knew something was coming their way soon but didn't know what. She and Maya had spent the last weekend before school together. With everything that had been going on, Maya had missed spending alone time with her mother so they both went on a little road trip for the weekend.

"I see someone is happy," Maya speaks up behind her mother. Sofia was currently stood in the kitchen dancing while making breakfast for them both. She cherished mornings like this as she was able to be as carefree as she wanted and Maya would even join her.

"I'm just excited to be getting back to work. These part two weeks have been great but I miss my students." Sofia had always loved teaching and took her job very seriously. The students loved her.

Maya grins, sitting down to eat breakfast, "I'm sure they miss you too. I've never meet anyone who is so passionate about their job. Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher. You don't meet many teachers who are willing to help you succeed and push you."

"Thank you. That really does mean a lot."

The day had gone by rather fast and Sofia was in a create mood. She had decided to bring Hannah takeaway as she knew she had been working all day. The two friends hadn't really seen each other much. Hannah had travelled to Europe to talk to a coven of witches.

"Damn, you look tired," Sofia sasses her friend.

Hannah scoffs, "I definitely did not miss you."

"Not even if I give you food," Sofia grins, holding up a bag.

Hannah smiles, "Okay, I was lying. I definitely missed you."

"That's more like it." The two friends sat in Hannah's office, talking.

"I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through," Hannah sympathises.

Sofia sighs, "I'm not even worried about myself. I knew this day would come eventually. I'm worried about Maya, you, Carlisle and the rest of the children. I'm worried for my family. After so long, I'm happy. With Carlisle I didn't have to look over my shoulder, afraid of what might happen. I'm happy with my family that I absolutely treasure but I can't help but wonder what will happen. I know someone is going to die, I can feel it but I'm scared. I don't want to lose anyone that I care about. I can't handle losing anyone else."

"I know you're scared but I know you. You're not going down without a fight. I know you'll fight for the people that you care about. You have to understand that our past has a way of coming back, without us noticing and there's nothing you can do about but fight. You're one of the bravest people I know. Stop worrying and believe in yourself."

"Thank you. What would I do without you?"

"Crash and burn."

"You're weird."

"You love me."

"That I do."

Sofia had gotten home quite late

Sofia had gotten home quite late. Maya had decided to spend the night at the Cullen house. Carlisle was working the night shift so she decided to have some alone time. She made dinner and out on 'Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.' She hadn't realised how late it had gotten until someone knocked on the door.

She walked over to the door and froze at the sight in front of her, "Samuel."

"Missed me, princess?"