prologue

"Do you believe in love? And have you ever been in love, miss?" asked one of Sofia's students

She sighed, leaning against her desk, "Do I believe in love, yes but have I ever been in love, no." She could see the shock on her students faces, making her smile slightly. She loved children and teaching, so being able to do teach everyday was something she was grateful for and hoped she could inspire her students.

"Miss, how have you never been in love?"

Sofia chuckled slightly, "You see, I have of course loved. Family and friends, I have loved but I have never been in love. Being in love and loving is two different things. For example, I love all my students, you're all exceptional individuals. However, I have never been in love. Not because I don't want to but because the right person hasn't come along yet. It takes the right person to dedicate yourself to someone else fully. So long story short, I have loved but I have never been in love." Sofia could see the wheels turning in her students heads, trying to comprehend what she had just stated.

"Do you ever think you will fall in love?"

Sofia smiled, "Yes. I do strongly believe that there's someone out there for everyone, I just haven't found mine yet."

Sofia was soon about to find out just how right she was.