4 | dress

Sofia had finally gotten home after having spent most of the day at the hospital with Hannah, making sure she was okay and had all her needs attended to

Sofia had finally gotten home after having spent most of the day at the hospital with Hannah, making sure she was okay and had all her needs attended to. Sofia had decided to make Maya something to eat before getting ready for her date with Carlisle later. She had spent so long alone that she still couldn't comprehend the fact that she had found her mate. She was terrified. Sofia frowned in confusion when the door open. She moved to the hallway to find Maya trying to close the door and bring her luggage into the house, which was proving quite difficult for her.

Sofia chuckled lightly, "Need any help?"

Maya turned to face her mum and grinned sheepishly, "That obvious?" Sofia smiled at her daughter, helping with her bags. They both made their way towards the kitchen after having unloaded her bags upstairs. Sofia made a cup of tea for the both of them, allowing them to talk.

"Tell me about your trip?"

Maya sighed softly, "It was great spending time with grandma and grandpa but I missed you and Aunt Hannah. How is she by the way?"

"She's fine. She sustained a few injuries but should be out by the end of the week. She missed you, maybe you could visit her tomorrow?"

Maya nodded in agreement, "I would like that. Mum, is there something you aren't telling me? I know you and I feel like there's something you aren't telling me?" Sofia hated it when Maya did this. She never meant to hide anything from her daughter and she couldn't because she always knew when something was up.

"I meet my mate."

Maya squealed in excitement, "Oh my god. I'm so happy for you mum. Why didn't you tell me? What's he like? Is he handsome? Does he know what you are? Does he know about me? Has he asked you out yet?"

Sofia laughed, "Calm down sweetheart. I didn't want to tell you because you were gone and Hannah was our priority. He's a doctor at the hospital. He's very sweet and sure has a way with his words. A true gentleman. He is very handsome. He still doesn't know what I am but I'm sure he'll find out soon. He does know about you but not much. He has asked me out and we're going out tonight."

Maya grinned, "I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you've finally found your mate. You of all people deserve happiness and I'm glad you've found him. I want to meet him tonight when he picks you up, can I?" Maya couldn't express the happiness she felt for her mother. She meant the world to her and was glad she had found her other half.

"Of course. In the mean time, you can help me find a dress."

Maya nodded rapidly, "Of course. Let's go."

Before Sofia knew it, Maya was running up the stairs into her bedroom. No doubt already looking for a dress for her mother to wear. Sofia got up, clearing the table before making her way upstairs to her daughter.

"I thought I was the one going on the date?" Sofia joked.

Maya giggled from next to the closet, "I know but I'm so happy for you and I want you to look beautiful tonight. Besides let's face it, this is your first date in a long time so I want to make sure you look beautiful." Maya had made it her mission to make her mum look like a goddess. She deserves the best and Maya wanted to make sure her mate saw her for the goddess she was.

"Thank you. What would I do without you?"

Maya giggled, "Enough with the sarcasm. Try this dress on."

The dress was absolutely gorgeous

The dress was absolutely gorgeous. Sofia had forgotten she had brought it. It was a dark blue dress, not too flashy but classy too. She had decided to pair it with a set of black heels and decided to keep her hair down. She had also grabbed a silver clutch to finish the outfit. When she looked in the mirror, she couldn't believe the sight.

"You look stunning," gushed her daughter behind her.

"Thank you. I still can't believe this is me. I look and feel completely different."

Soon enough the door bell went off, startling both the women. Sofia sucked in a deep breathe, nervous about her upcoming date. On the other hand, Maya was bouncing slightly where she was standing. Before Sofia could stop her, she ran down the stairs, Sofia following. When she finally got down the stairs, Maya was opening the door.

"You must be Carlisle?"

"That I am. And you must be Maya," Sofia could hear him speak.

Maya giggled, "That I am. I'll grab my mum for you." Maya stepped away from the door, walking over to her mother. She took her hand, leading her towards the door. When Sofia and Carlisle were face to face, they both froze. Carlisle couldn't believe how stunning she was and was proud to call her his mate. Sofia couldn't believe how handsome he was and couldn't fathom the fact he was hers.

"You look beautiful," he spoke, brining them both out of their trance.

Sofia blushed, "Thank you."

"You ready to go?"

Maya spoke before she has a chance to reply, "Of course she is. You kids have fun." Both the adults laughed at her remark.

Sofia kissed the top of her head, "Take care of yourself. I've finished dinner for you, it's in the oven. Call me if anything happens and please, don't leave the house."

Maya smiled, "Thank you. Don't worry, I won't. You have fun and I'll see you later." Maya practically shoved her mother out the door.

"My lady," Carlisle grinned, offering his hand to her, "Shall we do this?"

Sofia smiled, taking his hand, "We shall."