3 | family

"As much as I love you being here, don't you have better things to do?" Hannah voiced

"As much as I love you being here, don't you have better things to do?" Hannah voiced. Sofia jumped out of her seat, sighing in relief when she saw her best friend. The 2 days that Hannah was unconscious had been hell for her. She prayed that her best friend would wake up and recover fully.

Sofia took Hannah's hand in hers, "You scared me half to death. Don't ever scare me like that again. I'm glad you're okay." She really was glad that Hannah was okay. She wasn't ready to lose her best friend and sister. Maya wasn't ready to lose her favourite aunt.

Hannah smiled, "I told you it would take a lot more for you to get rid of me. I'm here to stay and nothing can change that. Don't worry. Did you stay here the entire time?"

Sofia sighed softly, "Of course I did, you're family. Speaking of family, I should call Maya. I'll get a nurse in here." Sofia didn't tell Maya about the accident as she didn't want her to worry about Hannah but she still deserved to know what had happened. Maya was coming home later today and she didn't want to worry the poor girl.

The nurse walked into the room as Sofia left to call her daughter. She always hated it when Maya left to visit her grandparents. Maya brought her a sense of comfort when she was around and was always happier. Maya absolutely adored her aunt and hated it when something happened to her. Sofia was still trying to figure out how to tell her about the accident.

"Hey mum," screamed Maya, making her mum laugh at her excitement. She always loved it when Maya was happy.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?"

Maya giggled, "I'm great, mum but I can't wait to come home. What's wrong? You usually wait until I call you, especially if I'm away." Sofia sighed, hating how right her daughter was.

"I know sweetie, I called because something happened last night. I know you you're going to hate me for not telling you but I didn't know how not to. Last night Hannah got into a car accident." Sofia stopped speaking when she heard her daughter being to sob. She hated listening to her daughter cry and not being able to do anything about it.

Sofia could her daughter sniffing, "How is she? She's okay right?"

"She's fine. She has a few fractured ribs, a broken arm and a concussion but she's going to be fine." Thank the Lord for that, she thought.

"That's good. I'm glad she's okay. By the way, I don't hate you mum, I understand why you didn't tell me. I should be home soon. Stay with Aunt Hannah for me please?" Sofia hated how sad Maya sounded. She wished she was here so she could cheer her up.

"I promise. I'll see you soon."

"Thank you. I'll see you soon, mum. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie." Sofia hung up the phone with a heavy heart. She hated knowing how her daughter felt but felt comfort knowing she would be home soon. Right now, her main priority was Hannah and making sure she was fine.

Sofia walked around the hospital trying to occupy herself as they ran tests on Hannah and while she was waiting to pick up Maya

Sofia walked around the hospital trying to occupy herself as they ran tests on Hannah and while she was waiting to pick up Maya. She hated waiting and didn't like not being able to do anything. It was driving her crazy sitting on the sidelines. She wanted to be by Hannah's side but knew the doctors needed to do their job and knew they were great doctors. She also didn't want to call Maya in case it worried the child, if there was one thing she hated, it was worrying Maya unnecessarily.

"Lost in thought," Carlisle spoke from behind her. Sofia jumps slightly in shock. She was so occupied with her own thoughts that she didn't even hear Carlisle walk up to her. She turned around to face him and was once again lost in his eyes.

"Didn't mean to startle you, love," he grinned.

Sofia giggled softly, "It's my fault really, I was lost in my own thoughts."

Carlisle took another step towards her, "I heard about Hannah. I hope she's okay?"

"She's doing better. She has a great team of doctors looking after her so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about how my daughter is handling it all."

Carlisle frowned in confusion, "You have a daughter?" He didn't know she was a mother but he couldn't exactly pass judgment seeing as he was a father too.

Sofia smiled brightly, "Yeah. I adopted her shortly after she was born. She means the world to me. She's currently visiting her grandparents. I didn't want to tell her about Hannah until she was awake."

"You're daughter is lucky to have a mother like you. I was actually wondering if I could ask you a question," he asks nervously, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Sofia couldn't help but giggle at his nervousness, "Sure."

Carlisle takes a deep breathe, "I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

Sofia smiled, "I would love to."