8

Bethany

We were all sitting around enjoying ourselves, all except Papa and Maxwell, who were angrily glaring at each other. Aimee was still trying to help me go solid. So far the most I could manage was my hand, and even then only for a few seconds. Being a ghost was harder than I thought.

Suddenly, a figure in a grey hoodie burst through the door, followed by some who looked almost identical.

Papa looked confused. "Why are there suddenly two Ghosts?"

The second figure pulled his hood off. "Because one of us isn't Johnny Ghost."

"JORDAN!" Cierra, Isaac, and I all rushed at him.

When he saw me he jumped and pulled out a gun. "Ahh!" He looked at me then put down his gun. "Bethany?"

"Yep. I'm a ghost now."

Johnny Ghost walked up to me. I waved at him. "Hello mister Ghoster man," I said in Aimee's voice.

He and Jordan both screamed and hid behind Johnny Toast who had come in a few seconds ago. Aimee, Maxwell, and I all laughed. It was kinda funny. They glared at us.

"Wait, Jordan why did you scream?" Cierra gave him a weird look.

"Because Aimee is terrifying."

Aimee floated over. "But I am Aimee, that is Bethany."

Jordan stepped out from behind Toast. "Same difference." He glared at me.

Isaac, Cierra, and I all looked at each other. Jordan never acted like this.

"I agree with Jordan. Even if you are Bethany, you're still a ghost. That means we have to banish you." Ghost aimed his own gun at Aimee and I.

"Sir, are you sure this is the best corse of action. Maybe we're supposed to work with them."

"Shut up Johnny. He's right. We're ghost hunters it's our job."

"No," Isaac interjected, "it's their job. Your job is to protect us. You are the oldest after all."

Jordan ignored him and leveled his gun at me. Just as he pulled the trigger Cierra jumped in front of me and the bullet hit her shoulder. She fell to the floor dazed but otherwise okay, ya know, aside from the minor bullet wound. Her shirt was already stained with blood. Isaac and I both moved to help her when suddenly there were screams from behind us. Jordan and Ghost were both on the floor holding their heads.

After a minute they stopped screaming and began.... laughing? They got up slowly and opened their eyes. Both of them had bright red eyes, and they were smiling.

Ghost looked at us and pulled out a knife, Jordan had a similar one.

"I'm Jimmy Casket and this is my lovely new partner James Coffin."

Maxwell laughed. "That has gotta be the dumbest name I have ever heard."

They both glared at him. Without saying a word, James threw his knife at Maxwell and hit him square in the chest. He disappeared leaving only the knife.

"Who's next?"

Toast snuck up from behind and did his best to restrain them. He was doing good but he wouldn't be able to hold them long. Suddenly, Aimee grabbed my hand and pulled me back outside.

"We need to go now ms. Bethany."

"But-"

"Do not worry, they will be fine."

I hoped she was right.