"Wait, your last name is Montgomery, so that means.... Shit." He looks at the floor and rubs his eyes in stress. I can see cogs turning in his head.

"Means what?"
I'm completely perplexed.

"Your Dad is Marvin Montgomery?" He says reluctantly, seemingly hoping that I'll say no.

".... Yeah? Why?"
I'm starting to worry now.

"Fuck." He mumbles.

"Luke, you're freaking me out. What do you know about my dad?" My voice is growing louder with concern.

The bell suddenly rings and Luke walks off, leaving me with a million questions.
I eventually catch up to him, and hear him mumble to himself,

"How could I fucking miss that?! Shit. Idiot."

I want answers and I want them fast, but before I can even ask another question he swerves into the classroom, and I follow close behind.

But, to my surprise, he doesn't sit in his regular seat beside mine. Instead, he sits up the back, next to that blonde girl who dissed me on the first day of school, in front on Mr Irwin. A devilish grin sweeps across her caked face when Luke takes a seat next to her, and she subtly moves her desk closer to him.
Luke puts his head in his hands and I decide it's best not to push him right now.
I make my way over to my usual spot next to Zoe.

"So, Lookie Pookie, how about we re-create old times and get freaky in the girls bathroom later?" I hear her mumble from the back of the room.
I fight the urge to throw up.

Luke chuckles and looks at her with a grin.

As I'm about to say something, I remember I'm not dating Luke. We're just ... hanging out. And even though it feels like more, I'm not going to yell at him for smiling at another girl when I've known him for one week.

She leans across and threads her fingers through his wavy golden hair and bites her lip. I look away, mainly because my stomach can't handle any more.

I knew he had a reputation, but I hadn't been faced with the reality of it until now.

"Welcome back. I trust you all finished your weekend essays on Romeo and Juliet?" Mr Irwin walks along the room, collecting paper after paper, and, as usual, my heart beats faster as he approaches me.

We make no eye contact at all as sheepishly I hand him the paper, not daring to look up from the faded graffiti on my desk.

The rest of the class is a blur, consumed with questions swirling in my head about how Luke could possibly know my dad, and how much I wanna strangle that blonde girl.

"Alright, good job today guys. Have a good lunch." The bell rings as Mr Irwin dismisses us.
I quickly try to shove my books into my bag without looking at Luke.

"Oh, and can I please see Ella Montgomery after class?"

My heart drops to my stomach.
I do not need this right now.

Everyone else exits the room, the girl still glued to Lukes arm.

I hesitantly approach Mr Irwin's desk, continuing to avoid eye contact, as that seems to be the one thing that keeps me from going completely weak at the knees. He drums on his desk with a pen.