1

Thankyou for all this support. I love you all and never thought an idea I had when I was sixteen would become what it is. I hope you enjoy this story!! 💛
-Lani xo

THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN IMPROVED/RE-WRITTEN 
I am currently in the process of re-writing all chapters, and will state whether or not they have been re-written/improved at the beginning of each chapter as I go!

ELLA'S POV:

I pull my backpack out of my locker and swing it onto my shoulder, before swinging the door shut to reveal an extremely handsome boy standing behind it. He's leaning against the wall like something out of a 2000's teen movie, holding an English textbook in one hand, his other snug in his Jean pocket.

"Can I help you?" I ask in confusion. It's my first day at this new school, and so far nobody has even acknowledged me expect the front office lady.

"No. But you can tell me your name." The boy has the kind of effortless stubble that just screams break my heart, paired with a smirk.

"Ella. Ella Montgomery." I smile back and reach out my hand for him to shake. He grasps mine firmly, staring directly into my eyes.

"I'm Luke. I heard you're new?" He perks up from his slumped position and steps towards me. I swallow the saliva that it suddenly accumulating in my mouth a lot faster than usual.

"Uh, yeah. I just moved here from Seattle, but I lived in Australia up until last year."

"I was born and raised in Australia! Well, you can't really hear my accent anymore, since I've spent the last four years here in L.A. What city?" He asks with enthusiasm.

Thank god, another Aussie.

"Sydney. I miss it so much. We moved to the states for my dad's job, and although I miss home, this really is a beautiful place." I unintentionally start to rush my sentences as I realise I might be late for my first class.

"You've looked at that watch like, ten times since I got here. Late to class?"

"Yeah, sorry. English Literature with Mr Irwin." I read off a piece of paper the desk lady gave me earlier, a schedule of all my classes.

Luke grins a wide grin.

"Looks like we have the same class. That's in room B16. I'll walk with you." He points in the direction of the classroom and start walking side by side.

As we walk along the crowded hallway, I receive occasional glares from various passing girls.
Is it my outfit?