Ch 10 - Comrades and Cannons

Start from the beginning

Granny Kokoro laughed, "What a cheerful bunch."

"Hey, monster granny, is this the fastest this train will go?" Luffy asked.

Nana turned her head to face the rubber boy. "No. We'll reach full speed when we get onto the railways."

"Railways?" Luffy put his hands over his eyes and he stared into the water, "Where's that?"

"Looks like it's drifted quite a ways away..." Nana murmured as she looked down at the sea.

"Hmph!" Granny Kokoro sniffed indignantly, "I've observed this sea train since it's development. Don't underestimate me." Her eyes narrowed in on the waves ahead and she stared at intently. After a few seconds, her eyes lit up and she pulled on one of the levers. "I see it! Here we go!"

The train started to accelerate and it veered towards the left. Nana placed one arm around Pygmy's neck just in case when the dog slid over towards her leg. Granny Kokoro pulled down the transponder intercom snail on her dashboard. "Urgent message from the engine room," she said, "The train will go on the railway shortly. Once it does, it'll rapidly accelerate. Hold on tight to something so that your injuries won't be severe."

The train lurched forward and landed harshly onto the water. "Tsk, missed it by a little..." Granny Kokoro said as she gritted her teeth and pushed down a lever.

The train's whistle pierced the air as the train shot forward once more. The wave sent it high into the air and it came crashing down with so much force that even Pygmy bounced lightly in the air. "Got it?" Nana asked.

"Not yet..." Granny Kokoro grumbled as she focused on the sea below.

"Grandma! That was close! A little to the right," a cheerful voice called from the top of the train.

"Just wait and see," Granny Kokoro responded, "I'll just- WAIT WHAT?!" She looked up and gasped at the sight of her grandchild and her pet rabbit sitting without a care on top of a high speed train in the middle of a storm. "Chimney! Gonbe!"

"Chimney? Gonbe?!" Nana gasped and she ran to the window where Granny Kokoro was, "You guys came with us?!"

"Yep, we did! Hi, Big Sis!" Chimney said with a wave.

"Ahhhh! For God's sakes, come inside or else you'll get blown away!" Granny Kokoro screamed.

The train swayed sharply to the left and Chimney lost her balance. She fell over the side. At the last second, she reached out to grab one of the metal bars along the side of the train. She held on for dear life while Gonbe held onto her ankles.

"Ahhhhh!" Granny Kokoro screamed again, "Hold on a second! Let me stop the train!"

"Brakes don't work, Granny, remember?" Nana cautioned. She moved her head back into the room and made a grab for her hammer. She placed it on her back and then climbed back out the window towards the little girl and her pet. "Hang on, Chimney," Nana said as her leather gloves gripped the slippery, rain drenched side of the metal train.

"I'm being blown away!" Chimney called out cheerfully.

Luffy ran over to the little girl from the front of the train, "Oooh, that looks like fun!"

"Straw Hat, Nana! Hurry and get Gonbe and Chimney inside!" Granny Kokoro cried from the engine room.

"On it, Granny!" Nana used one hand to steady herself on the windowsill and she reached out to grab Chimney by the wrist with the other. She pulled the child off of the railing and flung her into the window with the rabbit flying behind her. They knocked into Granny Kokoro in the process. "There we-"