chapter twenty three

Começar do início

"Now, there's that smile I love." Camila chuckled. "Now, go get dressed, okay?"

Jamie nodded, running upstairs.

"Are you okay with Jamie joining us tonight?" I asked. "You really don't have to do that."

"I know." Camila said, standing up. "But I want to. Jamie is just as important to me as you are. She's my teammate, your sister, and my friend. Friends don't let other friends stay at home."

"I wasn't going to leave her." I remarked. "I just didn't know what you had planned for tonight."

"You're the one who said, 'Let's go to the Rainforest Cafe, Camila. It'll be fun, Camila.'"

"I don't talk like that!" I protested.

"I like you the best when you don't talk at all." Camila teased, nibbling on my earlobe.

"You pretty much always say what's on your mind, huh?" I asked her.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Jamie shouted, running down the stairs.

We got into my car, Camila opting to sit in the back seat. She plugged her phone into my aux cord, singing with Jamie to her favorite songs. I smiled as we pulled into the lot.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"This place reminds me of Hibachi Jose's with a much larger budget." Camila stated, as we were situated at a table between a fish tank and animatronic gorillas.

Jamie sat adjacent to Camila and I, who sat on the same side. Camila wasn't necessarily holding my hand, but tracing lines on my palms underneath the table. It's the little things; She's all about the little things.

"Jamie, you can order whatever you want tonight." I told her.

"Are you sure, Y/N?" Jamie inquired.

"I'll make sure of it." Camila smiled, grabbing my hand.

"I mean, is there something I did wrong?" Jamie asked, thinking out loud.

"You wanna take this one?" I asked Camila, who nodded back.

"Jamie, you didn't do anything wrong." Camila began. "You're at a point in your life where you're going to start high school- that's crazy! But, this is the time you have to focus on yourself."

Jamie paused, processing what Camila said to her.

"But why did he do that to me?" Jamie questioned.

"Because he's stupid." I blurted.

"Just because some stupid boy broke your heart doesn't mean you should be scared of loving anyone else like that ever again." Camila told Jamie, cutting her fajita in half. "Don't be scared of being happy."

"Babe." I interrupted. "Can you go to the bathroom with me?"

She nodded, and got up, walking towards the bathroom.

"Don't eat my colorful tortilla chips." I teased Jamie, following Camila to the bathroom.

"Is everything alright?" She asked. "I know I went off on a tangent-"

"Camila, I need to tell you something." I admitted, taking a huge breath. "I went to see Dr. Hopkins this weekend."

"Dr. Hopkins?" Camila said. "Is that- is that your therapist?"

"Yeah, we were talking about my support system, and she told me some things about you, because yo used to go there-"

"I was going to tell you, I swear. I just didn't think you'd love me the same after knowing the person I was in the past."