Shawn, this is NOT what it looks like!

Josh's POV; 2am the same night

I shifted around in bed, trying to find a comfortable position. I slept for a little while, but then woke up.

"Josh, are you awake?" Maya murmured.

"Yeah. What got you up?" I asked.

"Another nightmare." she said it so quietly I could barely hear her.

"Melody?" I sat up and looked at her.

"Yeah." She sniffled.

"Maya, I know you can't control this, but you gotta let this go." I sighed.

"Yeah." she whispered.

"Hey," I said softly. "I love you, Papaya. I'm not gonna let you go."

Maya sat up and hugged me.

"Love you, Maya." I chuckled.

"Love you too, Josh."

I kissed her on the lips. At the same time, the bedroom door swung open and the lights flicked on revealing Shawn. He gasped.

I stopped and started at him like a deer in headlights, except more guilty.

"Shawn! Uh, this is NOT what it looks like." I stuttered.

"Oh, really?" Shawn raised an eyebrow.

Yeah. I realize why he was giving me 'the Death Stare'. Maya was wearing my shirt, I was on top of Maya kissing her, and I wasn't wearing a shirt. Crap. Wrong place, wrong time, Shawn.

"Depending on what you think  this looks like." I laughed nervously.

He stared at me, probably deciding how he was gonna kill me. Knife, bury me alive, beat me to death, cyanide? Oh, the possibilities.

Shawn's POV

When I came into their room, I found Josh with Maya in an extremely suggestive position. He noticed me and stopped and stared at me with the stupidest look on his face. It was so hard to keep from laughing!

But still, under the circumstances, it seems a bit suspicious, but Maya is responsible and wouldn't let that happen.

Maybe I just came in at the wrong time.

Maya's POV

I thought I saw the hint of a smile playing at the corner of Shawn's lips.

"Josh, get off of Maya." Shawn calmly commanded.

Josh did as he was told and sat next to me with one arm around me.

"Stop touching her." I saw that little smile again, just for a split second.

Josh reluctantly removed his arm from around me.

Shawn finally broke into a huge grin and laughed.

"Hey, I get it kid. Wrong place, wrong time." he laughed heartily.

"Oh, thank God almighty!" Josh breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's fine, you two get some rest." He shut the lights off, but left the door wiiiide open.