Breakfast

Breakfast time. Seating arrangement at the table: one side: Auggie, Topanga, Cory, other side: Riley, Josh, Maya.

Maya's POV

We all sat down to breakfast. Riley was busily stuffing her face, Cory and Topanga were laughing, Auggie was secretly playing with Mr. Googly under the table. Josh kept on staring at me. He never stares at me!

"So, Josh, how's college?" Topanga asked.
Josh snapped out of his transe and looked at Topanga.
"I've been doing well in my classes, but my roommate was a weirdo who says 'schnoopaloop', and here I am." Josh replied.

I snickered. As if Josh isn't a weirdo himself!!

"Lovely." said Topanga sarcastically.

There was an awkward silence. Josh cleared his throat.

"So, you two, how's sophomore year been treating you?" he asked Riley and me.

"Meh." I said.

"IT'S AMAZING! I love every second of every day! I wish it would never end, but then I wouldn't know what it's like to be older!!" Riley said with sparkling eyes.

"Wow. I can't unhear that." I mumbled.

Josh chuckled at my remark. "You haven't changed at all." He stared right at me as he said this. "Is that a good thing?" I asked. He continued to gaze at me and reached over, taking my hand in his larger one.

I felt my heart explode into glittery rainbows and, well, whatever Riley thinks about.

"Bay window. Bay window right now." I said quickly.

Riley grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bay window.

"I saw that! I saw Uncle Josh hold your hand! I think he likes you. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE MY AUNT. I can't believe him! He's my uncle, you're my best friend, you're three years younger than him! You're still a minor! HE'S AN ADULT!! You are a child!!" Riley ranted.

"A teenager." I corrected.

"A TEENAGE CHILD!" Riley hollered.

"Well, it's been forever since we've seen each other! Maybe he's just happy to see me." I said.

"That could be, but the way he looked at you! That's the way Lucas looked at me." Riley said.

I giggled. The boy I have liked for 4 years might actually like me.

"What was that? Did you just giggle?? Maya Hart does NOT giggle." Riley said worriedly.

"Don't worry, Riles. Nothing's even official. He could just be a flirt!" I told her.

"Well, I already know he's a flirt." Riley said.

"Just remember that it's not illegal for him to be with a minor." I stated. "Well, it's true, but I'm worried that he'll take it too far. Accidents happen, you know." Riley replied.

I looked into Riley's eyes, taking her hand. "There are no accidents."

Josh's POV

The girls just left to go to the bay window. Oh boy. They're probably talking about me. I moved too fast! I should've taken it slower. I really like her, and I think she still likes me... I need to be more careful and take it slow. She's still pretty young.

I started absentmindedly nibbling on my fingernail, then I started letting my mind wander again.

I didn't think she'd freak! I kinda knew Riley would. I didn't think at all. Boy, I'm so stupid and pushy.

"Josh, you okay there buddy? You look a little worried." Cory aroused me from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I was just, uh, thinking about my old dorm room and, uh, where I'm gonna stay after this." I lied.

"Well, Josh, you can stay here as long as you like. You can have the guest room." Topanga smiled at me.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go unpack my stuff." I said and left to go to the guest room.

I opened up my suitcase and put everything in the dresser in the guest room. I guess I should call it my room since I'd be in here until I find a place. That could take a bit of time.

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I'm gonna spy on Riley and Maya.

"Why did Uncle Josh hold your hand??" Riley demanded.

Dang it. They were talking about me.

I pressed my ear to the door.

"I dunno! Quit asking me! If I knew I'd tell you!" Maya cried.

"Fine! I'll go ask him instead!" Riley huffed.

OH NO! SHE' COMING TOWARDS THE DOOR!

I turned around to walk away, but I was too late.

"UNCLE JOSH! WHY DID YOU- were you spying on us??!" She demanded.

"Maybe... a little bit." I answered hesitantly. I kicked myself for giving that part away. Now they know I'm curious!!

"Ugh. Whatever. Why did you hold her hand?" Riley asked.

"Because, Maya," I walked toward her. "I like you." I said.  Damn, I wasn't thinking! What if she rejects me? What if she says she's been messing with me all along? What if she laughs at me or just runs away or-

"I like you too." She snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Someday is now." I said. Dang it, why did I say that?!

"It is?" Maya's face brightened. Okay, maybe I'm doing this right...

"Will you, maybe, uh, go out with me sometime?" I asked her nervously.

What. The hell. Did I. JUST. DO?!?

"YES! Of course!" she smiled. I silently patted  myself on the back.

She walked over to me and hugged me, so I am DEFINITELY doing this right.

"How 'bout tomorrow at Topanga's?" I asked. Topanga's?! Really Josh??? Topanga will be there!! That's why it's called TOPANGA'S!

"It's a date!" she said. YES! SHE AGREED!!

"Hey kids, we're going to Central Park!" Topanga called to us from the kitchen.

"Okay!" Maya, Riley, and I yelled back to her in unison.

"Let's go." Riley said.

And we all went to the park and lived happily ever after.

The end...

...OR NOT!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Update: mkay guys. Here's the thing, I don't give half a crap where you're from, the age of consent where you are, or any of that shizz. This is the way the creators of GMW made the Joshaya ship work out. I'm not going to justify how I wrote this. Deal with it, or don't read. You have NO idea how many comments I get saying "three years isn't a big deal" or something along those lines. Y'all don't need to point it out over and over and over and over and over again. Nos that we've got that out of the way, cool your tits and enjoy.

Rant over.