Chapter 20

He disappeared. Where did he go? I walked around the lake with wide eyes looking for Callum. “Cal?!” I called out as I walked further away from the cabin and further out in to the bush. “Callum?!” I called louder, I had been with him only a few minutes ago. I had gone back in to the cabin to go to the bathroom and when I returned he was gone. I heard ruffling behind the bushes to my left so I headed over there and heard two quiet voices talking.

I became very curious and walked over to the bush where I caught sight of Callum, I smiled but my smile soon dropped when I saw who he was with. Natalie. And they were holding hands. “Nah she went to the toilet. Do you think we should tell her and Alex?” He said quietly, I gulped this situation was really awkward and was probably about to get worse. 

“The less they know the better!” Nat dismissed and did was I was afraid of and leaned in to Callum and kissed him. I took a few steps back and fell over a tree root. They both gasped and came out from the bush still holding hands. Their eyes were just as wide as mine as we all looked at each other. “Livv it’s not what it looks like!” Nat immediately babbled as she saw my face.

“Then what is it? Are you kissing cousins?” I spat, the anger had finally kicked in as I realised that my boyfriend had been hooking up with my best friend.

“Livv calm down, I’m sure we can work this out.” Callum cleared his throat and scoffed at him he thought I was going to forgive him.

“Screw you Callum!” I growled as I got back to my feet and ran back to the cabin and locked myself in the bathroom. I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror as I looked at my sad expression tears started to well up.

“He’s not worth it.” I told myself sternly. I wiped the tears refusing to let them fall as covered my face with water and tried to calm down. He isn’t worth it and I’m not going to make a big deal about this. The silent treatment is the best. How could Nat do that to Alex? Oh god Alex! I took a deep breath and walked out of the cabin and walked back outside to hear yelling while Noah and James were trying to keep Alex away from Callum.

I walked over to Alex and grabbed his arm dragging him away from Callum, Noah and James followed along with Sofia and Kat. “I’m sorry Alex!” Nat called out as we walked away, where were we going? No idea but away from Callum and Natalie was a no brainer.

“Noah can you grab Alex’s keys?” I asked quietly as we headed to the extra car be had bought with us.

“Where are we going?” Alex asked he was still fuming, his fists were still balled he was clenching his teeth and he was still red in the face. He had been yelling obscenities at Callum and Natalie when I got out there.

“Away from here.” I told him thinking about the next few days, it was going to be horrible. “Stay here I’ll be back in a second.” I told him, he reluctantly nodded but did as I said. I walked over to Natalie and Callum. “You need to leave.”

“What?” Natalie was outraged.

“You heard me, you’ve caused enough trouble for everyone and I’m pretty damn sure they be much happier if you just left, so go pack your shit and leave.” I instructed.

“Why aren’t you upset?” Callum whispered his face was curious and confused as he looked at me with sad eyes.

“You’re not worth me being upset Callum if you really cared about me you wouldn’t have hooked up with my supposed best friend! So go pack your stuff and when Alex and I get back you better not be here!” I snapped. I was so unbelievably proud of myself, if this had been a few months ago I probably would have forgiven both of them straight away. I turned around to walk back to Alex and the others.

“At least I put out!” Nat snapped back with a bitchy tone. I bit the inside of my mouth I tried so hard not to take what she said to heart but I failed and turned back around and smacked her straight in the mouth.

“At least I’m not a slut!” I seethed angrily.

“Whoa…” Was all that came from Callum as he looked at me in shock.

“Hope you’re proud of yourself Callum you managed to ruin everyone’s vacation.” I said as I walked off.  I looked at my five friends that were waiting by Alex’s car, they were all shocked.

I walked right past them getting in to the front of the car and put my seatbelt on like nothing had happened. “What the hell was that?” James mused as he started the truck and the others got in the back.

“Are you okay Livv?” Sofia cooed from behind me.

“I’m fine.” So my plan of the silent treatment went to hell but I was still pretty satisfied with how I handled the whole thing. “How you doing Alex?” I turned around to see a blank looking Alex, I had a feeling he was still trying to analyse everything that had just happened.

“That was so hot!”

“Seriously that’s all you can come up with after all of that just happened?” Noah snickered.

“Well yeah who can go past a good looking chick like Livv smacking a horse like Nat?” I laughed.

“That’s a good way to think about it.” I giggled.

“So ah … where are we going?” James asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I’m not sure but somewhere far away so they have time to pack their crap, I told them to leave.” I said as I looked at what I was wearing. I was still in my bikini as was Cat and Sofia was in her bikini top and a pair shorts.

“Beach looks appropriate.” James chuckled as he followed my eyes.

“Beach it is then,”

We didn’t have any towels, shoes or food but we certainly made the best out of it. James was the one with a shirt on so we sent him in to the gas station to get us food and drinks and he came back with chips, coke and more chips. “Next time I’ll go with him.” Cat said as she scanned over the large quantity of bags James had exited the gas station with.

“Great idea, at least we won’t die of starvation.” Sofia chuckled.

I sat on the beach as everyone else ran in to the water, I didn’t feel like going in to the water. I think the reality was just setting in. Also my wrist was really sore because I punched Nat in the face. “How you doing?” I looked up to see Noah.

I frowned, “I’ve been better.”

“He’s an ass don’t worry about him.” Noah said as he sat beside me on the sand and we watched Alex and James throw Sofia and Cat around in the water.

“It’s gonna be awkward when we go back to school.” I sighed, it was be really awkward. How would I be able to hang out with Alex and Noah if Callum was always going to be there.

“Very, but it’ll get better. Just be strong like you were today.” He smiled and swung his around my shoulder. “Did it hurt when you punched Nat in the face?” He chuckled.

“Yeah heaps but I didn’t notice it because I was angry. After I told Callum how he wasn’t worth my time Nat said something bitchy about putting out, so I called her a slut and well you saw what I did. I tried not to, but it was too hard.” A small smile came to my face as I thought of how great it had felt punching Nat in the face, almost empowering.

“I never really did like her, I struggled to see what Alex really saw in her. Just a loud mouth I suppose.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Olivia get your ass in the water!” Alex yelled motioning for me to get in the water.

“C’mon.” Noah stood up and pulled me up and we went over to the others who were splashing around trying to make good of a bad situation. I locked eyes with Alex and he gave me a half-hearted smile, I knew he really like Nat and I thought Nat really liked Alex, guess I’m a bad judge of character. Sigh.