Chapter 13

Our date was going really well until we decided to leave and Callum was going to give me my other surprise. I bit my lip because I was nervous. I really like Callum and I had been having a bad day, I didn’t want to screw it up and say something stupid about Zac. Callum started to fold up the blanket and pack up the picnic as the lights went out. “Uh Cal? Was that meant to happen?” I asked curiously.

“No … probably just coach.” He dismissed and continued to pack up the food and blanket. We started heading to the nearest exit, I was now nervous about the lights. Anything that had been suspicious to me today was caused by Zac and he knew that we were on a date. And not just any kind of date. Our first date!  

I took hold of Cal’s hand and walked as fast as I could, not that it would help we had been sitting in the middle of the field. Then just as I started to calm down the lights for the field started flickering on and off and that’s when I really started to freak out. “Relax.” Callum whispered calmly.

The lights stopped flickering and I started to calm down again before there was a bang, almost as loud as a gun. Callum groaned and doubled over. “Callum?” I whimpered.

“It’s a paint gun.” He groaned.

“It must be Zac. Let’s get out of here.” I said as Callum stood up properly again. We started walking again knowing that there would be more paint balls, and lots of them. As we started walking it seemed like there was whole army firing paint balls at us. I copped and few and I tell ya! They freaking hurt!

We finally got off of the soccer field and went back to the dorms. Noah and Alex snickered when we walked in. We probably looked like a rainbow. “What happened to you?” Noah asked with a smile.

“Zac.” I moaned dramatically and fell down on Alex’s bed, full knowing that I’d get paint all over his bed.

“Dude!” Alex yelled.

I laughed and wriggled around enough to get his bed covered in paint before he jumped off the computer chair and pulled me off. “Aw Alex you wanna hug?” I teased. I wrapped my paint covered arms around him and got paint all over his clothes.

Callum chuckled. “You two look after my girl, I’m gonna have a shower and sort out this Zac dude.” He walked in to the bathroom with a pile of clean clothes. I sighed; because of my ex our first date was ruined.

“My girl?” Alex huffed; I guess you could say he was still a little bitter that I took an interest in Callum instead of him.

“Jealous?” Noah teased.

“Anything but…” Alex laughed. “Means I don’t have to deal with that douche you call an ex-boyfriend.”

“Entertain me…” I demanded as I sat back on Alex’s bed.

“How would you like to be entertained Ms Redfern?” Noah mused a smirk playing his lips. I rolled my eyes and leaned forward grabbing the remote for the play station.