Cheryl x Liam: Protected

Hey guys!

Just a new one-shot from me regarding our favorite couple! I hope you guys enjoy this :)

xoxo

******

Cheryl x Liam: Protected ONESHOT

The clouds had rolled in, the sun was now nowhere to be seen, and raindrops began to descend from the sky. They splashed against the large window, making a loud pitter patter sound against the glass which would be enough to wake anybody and cause them to curse to the high heavens about being woken up at such an ungodly hour.

Not Liam. Nope. At eight in the morning in Los Angeles, he was already awake.

He had arrived a couple days earlier and since doing so, he had been having trouble sleeping. He hated being away from her anyway, and hated it even more so now that she was pregnant – and quite heavily pregnant. He wanted to be with her constantly, to enjoy watching their baby grow more and more but instead, he was forced to be away from her for work purposes.

God, he hated it with a passion.

He debated on calling her, but stopped himself out of fear that he was annoying her even though he knew that he most likely wasn't. He often called her about three times throughout his day after working out the time difference, just wanting to hear her voice as it put him at ease and made him feel a bit better, her adorable accent and soft giggles easing the pain in his heart that was present due to being so far away from her. He counted down the days on his phone; just a mere four days until he was going back home to the UK to be with her. He just really missed her terribly really, and while he knew that the pregnancy hadn't necessarily planned to come about now and that he couldn't move these appointments around that were set in stone, part of him cursed the fact that he had agreed to make this album when he did, as now he was just away from the love of his life and their unborn child.

He decided to occupy his mind by going onto Twitter for a bit, a place that he often stayed away from as he found himself getting increasingly worked up by the slew of negative comments that  continued to pour in about Cheryl; it being many nights where he ranted away about how frustrating it was for him to see those things and hold his tongue, yet Cheryl constantly told him to just ignore it and that she would sit down and take the comments for the sake of his career. Liam often felt increasingly guilty, however, as some of the comments were extremely hurtful and would lead to Cheryl just having to turn her phone off all together so she wouldn't be tempted to read anymore; it making Liam feel like he was failing in his job as a man all together as he hadn't even said anything in her defense. He knew what that probably looked like from the outside, but he was trying to respect Cheryl's wishes and respect the fact that she had good intentions and reasons why she didn't want him to say anything.

Still, as time grew closer and closer to the arrival of their child, he was finding it harder and harder to hold his tongue...

He sighed to himself as he scrolled through Twitter, simply looking at a few funny things and supportive mentions from some of his fans, it making him smile as it was nice to know he still had some fans who were just as supportive now as they had been on day one. He refrained from liking anything or retweeting or even replying, as his mentions were crazy enough without people knowing that he was actually online and creeping on them, seeing what they were talking about. At the same time, however, he had a brain wave to maybe surprise some fans with some DMs, as that often gave him great joy really – seeing the excited reaction of his fans when he'd respond to their DMs. He quickly got up and got himself a drink, before returning to his beanbag chair and opening his DM's folder. He replied to a few, smiling to himself as he did so. He did his best to ignore the negative ones, however, he accidentally clicked one and opened it whilst trying to get to a positive one.