Cheryl x Liam: Perfect

Hey guys!
I'm back with another one-shot! This takes place around now. Just a short one shot of Cheryl reflecting on how she feels now that she's with Liam and such. Just something cute really so hope you guys enjoy!
Also, check out my Cheriam fic - Inevitable ;)
I love you guys!
-Alicialightsxo xxxx

******

Cheryl x Liam: Perfect [OneShot]

*Cheryl's POV*

It's amazing what a difference a year can make isn't it?
As I'm sat here now in the living room of this beautiful home in Surrey, watching the four dogs laying together on their beds together in a row, I can't help but smile to myself as I think about how great life is at the moment.
A year ago, I didn't think things would get better at all. A year ago, I felt trapped in an abusive relationship with a man that had only loved me like crazy a year before, yet became a different person when I wouldn't conform to his rules and become a doting little housewife like he wanted me to be. I was constantly pulled into arguements, constantly bullied about my music, constantly bullied about how I was looking, shoved around - everything. I thank God every day that I found the strength to remove myself from that situation, and while the divorce isn't completely final yet, it's finally so close to being over that I can taste it.
I certainly didn't expect to fall for someone just a couple months after splitting up, and I knew that had I become involved with someone else so soon, that me and him would both look bad - I'd look like a cheating slag, he'd look like a home wrecker. However, at the same time, I didn't even care. I knew what was real, I knew that I had been perfectly within my right to fall for someone else and that's what I did - for all the right reasons.
See Liam - Liam treated me better than I had been treated before. Apart from my American ex-boyfriend Tre, I've been treated pretty crap by men over the years. As many people would know, I've been cheated on, shoved around, made to feel like I'm the one that's crazy and in the wrong constantly; all of which had knocked my confidence quite a bit over the years. Liam is different though. Even though he's only a 22 year old young man, he's got such an old soul and I love it. He's such a gentleman; constantly buying me little things my flowers or cuddly toys, constantly giving me attention and that besotted look that makes my heart flutter, constant kisses and cuddles - and then not to mention how he opens doors for me, leads the way when we're leaving a place, and keeps a protective hold on me when we're out and everything. I feel safe when I'm in his arms, like nothing can hurt me because he's got me.
Because of Liam's help and encouragement, I've managed to get back on track. I'm eating more because I'm happy and I have my appetite back. I'm chilling out more because I don't have this constant tension surrounding me and raining on my parade. Instead, I have happiness and positivity surrounding me right now which has really gotten me on track again; as if the dark clouds have gone and the sun has come out again. Liam has taught me to believe in myself and not blame myself for the horrible things that have happened. He teaches me to keep going and carry on with my life - and to just be happy.
I sighed to myself as I ran my thumb over the screen of my phone, a picture of a smiling Liam staring back at me as he'd just sent it to me from LA a few nights ago. I missed him so much when he was gone, but I was so proud of him as he was such an incredibly talented young man. I was excited to hear what his first solo album would sound like; I honestly couldn't wait to see where things would go.
And I knew that no matter what, me and him would stay by each other's sides. We were in this for the long run.
I sat up slightly as I heard the locks turn, signaling that someone was coming in. I leaned up slightly as I only assumed that it was just his mother coming in, but I was forced to smile when I saw that it was actually him...
It was Liam, coming in with his bags in tow.
I jumped up from the sofa and ran into the foyer, jumping into his outstretched arms whilst he spun me around. I once again felt so safe and warm because he was back - and I was happy.
"I missed you." he whispered in my ear as he put me down. I giggled softly before kissing his lips, stroking his cheek.
"I missed you more baby; so much." he smiled, keeping an arm draped around me as we made our way into the living room together. He began chatting away as we sat together like normal; me laying across his lap, one of his arms around my waist and the other across my stomach, while my hand stroked his muscular forearm as he held me tight.
And once again, everything was just perfect...
.
.
.
Hope you guys enjoyed this!! Thank you for supporting my writing💜
All my love!!
-Alicialightsxo xxxx