11. Truth

Kara was trying her best to comfort the shaking and crying woman bent over on the counter next to her, but nothing seemed to work. Despite the fact that Lena had read the letter numerous times, she still couldn't believe her mother was alive, and that she hadn't attempted to contact her in years. Kara briefly left and brought her girlfriend her favorite foods: some donuts from Noonan's, roasted peanuts, and a cup of black coffee, shooting lasers into the rich, dark liquid to make it extra hot just for Lena. She smiled when Kara set the steaming cup down in front of her.

"Kara, what am I supposed to do?" Lena croaked, wiping a few remaining tears from her eyes.

The Kryptonian sighed, scooping the emerald eyed girl into her arms. She carried her shivering body to the couch where they could both sit and process all this new information. Kara cradled her, stroking her hair to calm her down.

"Lena, no matter what she's still your mother," Kara replied. "She deserves to talk to you at the least. If you ever feel uncomfortable, we can leave."

"We? Who said you were coming?"

Kara was taken aback. "Lena, I've worked with the President before, and although she's flattering, she's been linked to foreign species...genetically."

Lena turned, furrowing her brows. "Are you saying she could be an alien? Like you?"

"I don't know, it's possible. I could get some DNA samples and have Alex run some tes--"

She waved her hand, cutting Kara off. "It won't be necessary. And I-I think I should leave soon. That letter looked old judging by how wrinkled it is."

"You'd think the President could afford better stationary," Kara chuckled.

Lena glared at Kara, letting out a deep breath and burrowing deeper into Kara chest. She tilted her head thoughtfully, laughing softly.

"What is it?" Kara asked. Lena smirked.

"I can hear your heart beating very fast right now."

Kara blushed. "It's always like that around you. Ever since the first day we met. A-and you should hear it...when, you know...we make uh--"

"Mm, make what, angel?" Lena purred. "Care to explain? Or maybe just...show me?"

Kara fumbled with her hands. "Lena, I--you're upset, m-maybe you should just relax?"

Then, the CEO flipped her body over so her breasts were pressed against Kara's chest, their faces inches apart. She leaned in so her lips brushed Kara's ear when she spoke.

"Oh trust me, this will help me relax."

++++++++++++++++++++++++

After about an hour of "relaxing", Kara got dressed in her suit, Lena changing into a tight fitting black dress with an undertone of shimmering green, highlighting her emerald eyes. A short blazer covered shoulders, the sleeves rolled up to expose her pale arms. Hidden underneath the hem of her skirt was a gun if needed, and Kara would remain unseen in the shadows in case of any signs of danger.

"You ready?" she asked Lena, glancing at her.

The CEO sighed, squeezing Kara's hand. "Let's just hope everything goes smoothly. You said Alex has troops nearby just in case?"

Kara nodded. "And me, of course."

Lena smiled, giving her a quick kiss before approaching the precarious entrance to the building, which was covered by a thick sheet of moss-covered rock. It reminded Kara of the old DEO headquarters, barely noticeable in the grassy landscape. It was perfect for a secret hiding place.