4. Trust

It had been a week since Kara had first kissed Lena, and she couldn't be happier. Everything was going really well with them, and the emerald eyed girl was constantly on Kara's mind. Amidst the CEO's busy schedule, they had managed to squeeze in a few coffee dates at Noonan's, getting to know each other. However, two days passed and she still hadn't seen Lena, and all Kara could think about was the taste of her lips...

"Supergirl, hey!" a voice shouted, bringing back Kara to the real world. It was J'onn's voice. She glanced up, heat rushing to her cheeks. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Alex chuckle, shaking her head.

"Hey you do realize I could break your arm with my pinkie finger, right?" Kara threatened, teasingly shoving her sister's arm.

Alex narrowed her eyes at Kara, ever so slightly grinning. "Whatever, just stop thinking about your girlfriend for a minute and focus on the investigation."

Kara pouted, crossing her arms across her chest. "She's not my girlfriend!...Well, not yet."

J'onn and her sister made sly eye contact, the martian unable to hide his smile. "We just need you to go check something out, Supergirl. We found some very important information about the attack on the Venture flight."

Kara nodded. "Shoot."

"The thing is, the information might be sensitive to you based on...your relationship with Miss Luthor," J'onn explained tentatively.

That made the Kryptonion perk up, a bubble of anger in her chest. "Are you saying Lena did it? Because that would make no sense and is completely false---"

Alex rested a hand on Kara's shoulder, calming her down. "No Kara, it's not Lena--it's her mother. She initiated the attack. And we need you to question Lena."

Before Kara could even formulate a response, her phone buzzed. She smiled at Lena's name, but then frowned with the knowledge she'd just gained about her mother.

"Hey, Lena!" Kara chirped, biting her lip nervously. "What's up?"

"Kara," Lena breathed, stress evident in her tone. "Look, I've had a tough day at work, and well, I was wondering if I could come see you? I miss you."

Kara couldn't contain her smile. "Of course, Lena. Want to come over in 30?"

She heard Lena release a sigh of relief. "Sounds perfect. Can't wait to see you."

"Me too," Kara echoed, then hung up the phone. When she put it away, Alex was giving her a funny face. "What?" she grumbled.

Alex laughed. "Nothing, you're just such a dork when you talk to that girl."

Kara rolled her eyes. "I better go talk to Lena first before she goes to my apartment. See you later, guys."

She hugged Alex. "You'll let me know if anything happens, right? I need to do everything I can to protect her."

J'onn and Alex both shook their heads in agreement, sending Kara off.

She shot out of the DEO quarters, a pit of guilt bothered her. She didn't want to accuse Lena's mother of what she did, regardless of the lack of love Lena felt towards Lillian. Kara just had to get it over with.

The heroine landed softly on the CEO's balcony, taking in Lena's beauty before she gently tapped on the glass doors. Lena turned around, smiling despite the surprise apparent on her face. Kara had to keep herself from drooling due to Lena's tightly fitted skirt.

"Supergirl," she cooed. "What brings you here?"

"I actually have a few questions to ask you..." Kara said, trailing off. She really didn't want to do this.