Momentarily, a woman with blonde hair and glittering gray eyes opened the door, smiling enthusiastically. Eliza.

"Kara, sweetie," she cried, throwing her arms around her daughter. "How have you been? And, Lena, it's so nice to see you. Kara never stops talking about you."

"Yeah, never," Alex said, appearing from behind Eliza. She waved at Lena. "Hey, Lena."

Lena smiled at the two woman in front of her. She was amazed by how nervous she was by Kara's family despite the fact she'd spoken in front of thousands many times. She remained glued to Kara's side, gripping her hand tightly.

When she entered the house, the overwhelming aroma of spices and gravy filled the air, causing Lena to smile to herself. Then, Maggie approached her and Kara, enveloping them both into a group hug.

"Hey, Little Danvers," she chirped. She then covered her mouth and whispered to Lena. "Are you nervous yet? The first time I met this crazy family I almost shit myself."

"Hey," Kara protested, frowning. "In case you forgot, I have super hearing."

Maggie rolled her eyes, then Alex joined the group, motioning to the living room. "Have a seat guys, dinner will be ready soon."

Lena set her purse on a nearby table, still clenching Kara's hand. The blonde kissed her cheek reassuringly, rubbing small circles on her back. Lena began to calm down, glad to have her girlfriend by her side. There was something comforting in the fact that even though each person in the room wasn't necessarily related to one another, they all felt like a welcoming family. With the lack of this growing up, Lena was grateful for every one of them surrounding her.

After a short while, Eliza emerged from the kitchen, signaling for everyone to come in. "Dinner's ready, everyone! Come get it before Kara eats it all."

Everyone let out a small laugh as they stood up, Kara rolling her eyes and giving her mother a look as she walked by. Together, everyone sat down at the large mahogany table in the center of the dining room: Lena next to Kara, Maggie next to Alex, and Eliza and Jeremiah at the heads of the table. Lena observed each person as they began to pass food around, noticing how much happier Alex and Kara seemed to be with their father around. She smiled to herself, scooping mashed potatoes, beans, and other various foods on her plate. Once everyone started to eat, Kara stood up, holding up her glass of wine.

She glanced down at Lena, a small smile tugging at her lips. "So Lena, in the Danvers' household at Thanksgiving, we each go around saying what we're thankful for.It's something we've done ever since Alex and I were kids."

Alex nodded, taking a sip from her wine glass. "Normally Kara just names the food she's thankful for so--"

Kara shot a small laser at Alex's slice of turkey, causing her to jump in her seat. She glared at Kara who bore a satisfying smirk on her face. Eliza cleared her throat, and Kara turned to grasp Lena's hand.

"Although I am very thankful for food, and the chocolate pecan pie we're going to eat later...I'm so lucky to have you all as my family, for taking me in when no one else wanted to. And-"she paused, gazing lovingly at Lena,"-I'm so very thankful for you, Lena Luthor. For bringing so much happiness and joy into my life, and for filling the hole in my heart with love. Happy three months, beautiful."

Lena's eyes welled up with tears, and she grabbed Kara's face in her hands, giving her a quick kiss. Everyone else smiled, while Maggie made a gagging noise. Then it was Lena's turn. She stood up, still hand in hand with Kara.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Danvers, first off, for this wonderful meal. And thank you all, for trusting in me and giving me a chance past my name, it means a lot to me." She sighed, trying not to let her tears spill. She cursed to herself for being such a crier. "And thank you, Kara Danvers, for being my hero; Supergirl or not. I love you more than you'll ever know, angel."