EPISODE 12┃FAVORITE STUDENT

Dean Winchester

The angel's words struck him straight to his feelings. Dean took a deep breath and tried to calm his racing heart. Flashes of fire and the tug that was the chains. How they bound him while the lightning blazed strong. The thunder was loud in his ears. Dean blinked. His eyes focused again, still, parts of his brain reacted as a soldier under an attack.

His green eyes dilated in fear, his breath quicker than he anticipated. Dean gripped hold of the table until his knuckles turned white. He couldn't tell his brother. Not after everything he had done to protect him—even his life for Sam's. Dean never considered changing that choice.

He heard the fluttered wings, Dean didn't bother turning around just yet. "What?" Dean said, his voice choked by the inner screams he could hear in his mind. He sat in the plastic chair. Dean rubbed his eyes with his palm.

"Hello Dean," Castiel answered as he stood standing. The angel stared to where he sat. Castiel's eyes seemed to see through him. To his soul. A sharp intake of breath passed for Dean.

"Hey Cas," Dean forced out of his throat. There was no reason for him to trust Castiel. His father had early knocked into him that a monster could take shape of anything. Therefore he used any means to defend his little brother from any potential enemies.

"You haven't told Sam about what you did," Castiel stated.

Dean grit his teeth together. "Shut up," he snapped. He closed his eyes for a moment. The itch in his bone there as if it had never left. The urge to kill. To destroy. Neither any kind Dean wanted to see himself as. "Whatever you are doing, I don't care, okay?" Dean continued. His voice was tight.

"Having a conflict of interest is the last we need. There is a human out in your world that needs our help," Castiel said flinching. "Misha, my actor is in grave danger. And we are sitting here doing nothing."

"What do you expect me to do? I can't get back to my world and neither can you. We are stuck here until something happens," Dean said.

"There have been disturbances recently, a rift into where we should go to get back. However, someone is controlling it. And the human is extremely powerful and even I can not fight against it. I can detect demons around us but I have yet to search for my brothers. And Dean, you have a special task ahead," Castiel said, he walked closer to him. Their faces close to bumped together.

Dean gulped, an uncomfortable sick feeling in his stomach. He looked Castiel's featured up and down before he moved further away, the crack betrayed him by cracking. Mentally he cursed.

"Demons? Huh, I will deal with that. But is the rift open? It's the ticket out of this fake thing or whatever Sammy said," Dean lifted his hand.

Just then Sam decided to walk in, his jaw set tight. "Alternative universe," Sam corrected him before he turned to the angel. Dean leaned back in the chair as he crossed his arms over his chest. Narrowed eyes in the angel's direction.

"So there exists a way to get out of here?" Sam asked.

Castiel nodded, "it's closed now, the force was similar to one I have encountered before. I have to collect information from the demons. This might be a risk of possession."

After that, Dean and Sam went to sleep for the night. They had gone back to the hotel but asked for Castiel—Misha to join them. A hotel they knew of course since Sam and Dean had taken a case there before. A wendigo going loose and killed people in the woods. In the end, they burned that fucker.

Hours later Dean woke up and he glanced over at Sam's white-colored bed. It was fixed as he expected. Probably out running Dean thought before he flipped himself to the opposite side. He almost let out a yelp of surprise when he saw Castiel. His hand already under the pillow to grip his gun. "Damn it," Dean spat out, he loosened his hold on the gun.

He had paid for the gun yesterday, Sam in the meantime worked to get things for a spell. Of course, fans that wanted pictures of them made it take longer than usual. Dean also became more paranoid than normal.

"Are you ready for another day of acting?" Castiel said. "Your brother is jogging, he will be back shortly."

Dean stared blankly for some time. In his head, the smell of decaying bodies collided into his nostrils. As he recalled, Dean wielded a knife where he cut slowly apart a man. Never in his life had he enjoyed the pleasure of giving someone so much as he did back in hell.

"Dean!"

Dean blinked, he used some seconds to refocus back where he was. Sam's hazel eyes met his own, his hands clasped around his neck. He took a deep breath as he looked away. Outside the sun had barely begun to rise on the horizon. A happy reminder when Dean usually drove on the road. And found a plan to prank his little brother.

"I am fine," Dean lied and moved away from Sam.

Sam gave him an irritated glance as he pointed to him to get ready. Dean changed clothes in the bedroom before he got back to the others. Silently they got back on set. Sam gave him the script so he could memorize it. He quickly noted it was mainly centered around him and Castiel didn't get as many lines he had.

When Dean got ready to act, Sam excused himself that he needed to research something. Dean frowned. Something was up but he couldn't pinpoint exactly what it could be. Castiel glanced at the people that worked. Dean rolled his eyes. "Just focus on me, all right?"

Castiel's clear blue eyes and nervous shivering met his eyes.