12// A Four Letter Word

"The kanima?" Scott questions.

He stands up and looks to me with a look of confusion.

"You can't be a kanima you haven't turned into one. Anyway you have purple eyes that doesn't make sense." He argues.

"Scott it has to be true! Why can't you just consider that I may be different!" I say to him.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"We need to talk to deaton he may know." Scott says while avoiding eye contact.

I walk over and grab my coat of the chair.

"Then lets go I don't want to waste time." I say.

Scott nods and walks out the door. I take a deep breath and follow behind him. I wasn't sure what to expect. Was I really a kanima? Or was it all just a dream after all. Part of me hoped it was true because I wanted to believe my encounters with Allison were real. Another part of me just wanted to be normal and move on. But of course nothing normal could come from beacon hills.

I messed with my fingers as Scott and Deaton  exchanged a few words. I couldn't help the nerves that spread rapidly throughout my body. It was like everything I had shoved aside was finally coming forward and was about to burst.

"Adelina are you sure that you heard her say kanima?" Deaton asks.

I look up quickly and make eye contact with Deaton.

"Yes." I say.

"It can't be true she hasn't shown any signs. And she's definitely not turning into a lizard like Jackson did." Scott says.

Deaton walks into his office and reappears with an old book in his hands. Scott and I both give him a confused look. Deaton looks up and I could tell he was thinking really hard.

"What Adeline is is very rare and I've never actually seen this I've only read about it in books. Every once in awhile the kanima will take form of a werejaguar. It still does the same things but it's said it's abilities are heightened. The connection between the master and the kanima are usually so strong that the kanima will do anything it's master requests." Deaton explains.

"How do we fix it?" Scott asks.

"The same way with Jackson. Somewhere in Adeline's past their is an unresolved problem." He says.

"How are we supposed to know which one?" I ask.

"I guess that's something you have to figure out." Deaton says.

I look to Scott and stand up before walking out the door.

I take a deep breath and let the warm air cover my body. I hear the door open behind me but don't bother to turn around. Scott walks in front of me and I avoid his eyes to the best of my ability.

"I'm going to help you Adeline. We just need to find out what's wrong." He says.

"Everything's wrong Scott." I say as I look down to my feet.

Scott steps closer and lifts my chin up.

"No it's not Adeline. I'm going to help you get through this." He says.

"Why help me Scott? Why help me and risk your life? Just let the benefactor kill me. I've got nothing left." I say as my voice cracks.

I could feel tears well up in my eyes and I quickly wiped them away.

"That's not true, you have me." Scott says.

I start to walk away but stop when a hand wraps around my arm pulling me back.

"No Adeline!" Scott yells. "I'm not going to let you keep walking away, I've let it happen to many times. Why can't you see that I'm here. I've been her since the beginning when I picked you up in the desert, and I'm going to be here till the end. Just let me help you!" He says.

"I'm not going to let you hurt yourself for me!" I yell back.

"You don't have to." He says before pulling our faces together.

I tense up as he kisses me. I had dreamed about this moment so many times I almost thought it wasn't real. I slowly lean into the kiss and let my hand travel up to his hair. Before I knew it the moment was over and we both pulled away. I looked into his eyes and smiled slightly as did he.

"Is it always like that?" I ask.

"Never."

~

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting so long for this moment and I've wrote it so Many times but non of them seemed perfect enough. So finally I just wrote what came to my mind and I came up with this! Hope you liked it and I'm going to try my best to update more.

Sorry it was kind of a short chapter.

Love you guys❤️